Look up Greek Entry with Scripture in NIDNTT-A not working?

Abram K-J

One can easily search BDAG via two search fields (Greek Entry, then Scripture) to highlight Scripture references in a given entry. This is a feature I really benefit from--yet I can't get it to work for some reason in NIDNTT-A. Am I doing something wrong? I set up the search exactly as I do in BDAG. It works in BDAG, not in NIDNTT-A, even where there is a Scripture reference (see top line of attached shot) that should be showing.

post-31802-0-84661800-1388688852_thumb.png

It's because of how the tool is formatted. The subheadings for CL & OT, NT are in separate 'articles' (according to how Accordance understands an article). A multi-field search is required to be in either the same article or paragraph (specified by the search icon dropdown menu).

We could reformat the tool to enable this, but it would mean that those subheadings could not be displayed in the browser.

Thanks, Rick. So this means that no matter whether it's set on Article or Paragraph, this feature isn't currently available in the tool? Any ideas for workarounds?

That's correct. The only work around would be to select the entry you are studying in the browser, right-click and select 'add to range.' Then do a single field search under scripture for the reference you want.

• Like 1

Can you search for the reference after restricting the search to that Greek word by option-clicking it in the tool browser.

• Like 1