BUG? Instant Details Float and Fade Behavior

E-Library

I was watching Dr. J's Podcast #34 called Tips & Tweaks. In it, he illustrates the feature of the Instant Details when it is floating and set to fade automatically. I decide to try it out, and that is when I discovered that:

1) my instant details panel does not float at all. It used to float in a previous installation of Accordance 10.3.3.1.

2) the auto fade therefore does not work; or maybe the panel fades immediately when I try to float it?

Anyways, it seems my instant details panel is not working the way it is supposed to. Below is my preference setting for instant details. I will update this thread if I find any thing new.

Thanks,

David

post-32602-0-73220100-1388776986_thumb.jpg

Ok. When I uncheck the box "Automatically fade when floating" I can then float the instant details panel. I then check the box to fade automatically, and I think it worked once or twice. Can't be certain. The panel floats, but does not fade. Perhaps I am not understanding what the behavior should be?

When I get the panel to float, and have the box checked to fade automatically, I don't see the panel fade; it is always there (unless I click my mouse outside of Accordance).

Edit: If I check the auto float box first, and then float the instant details panel, the panel disappears and never shows up when I click on a tagged text (it will display the pop-up if that is checked in preferences). I then click once on the instant details toolbar icon and nothing happens; click on its toolbar icon a second time, and the panel shows up docked.

David

Edited by David_Bailey

Hi David,

you need to detach the ID box so it becomes floating. I wonder if this has changed, but the way I did it is this;

Make sure you can see the ID box (I assume you can). and press the reorientation button (red arrow).

post-29509-0-56472600-1388778231_thumb.png

In the vertical orientation a new detach button will appear (red arrow).

post-29509-0-35591400-1388778230_thumb.png

If you click that, you will find that the ID box will detach and it will fade after a few seconds. You can tell it's detached by the close box in the corner (red arrow)

post-29509-0-83249400-1388778228_thumb.png

It seems that the detach button has disappeared from the horizontal orientation ID box. I don't know if this was intentional or not, though the detach box appears in the Help images for this feature.

post-29509-0-22500800-1388778558_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ken Simpson

Hi David,

you need to detach the ID box so it becomes floating. I wonder if this has changed, but the way I did it is this;

Make sure you can see the ID box (I assume you can). and press the reorientation button (red arrow).

http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gifWorkspace.png

http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gifWorkspace-1.png

If you click that, you will find that the ID box will detach and it will fade after a few seconds. You can tell it's detached by the close box in the corner (red arrow)

http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gifInstant-Details.png

It seems that the detach button has disappeared from the horizontal orientation ID box. I don't know if this was intentional or not, though the detach box appears in the Help images for this feature.

Thanks for taking a look at this. I did try the vertical orientation and tried to float the panel. I click on the float icon; it ID panel disappears and never shows up (except for the pop-up if you have it configured that way). Interestingly, your screenshot of the ID panel when horizontal does not show the float icon. For Windows, I see the icon on the ID panel in either orientation.

Edited by David_Bailey

Hi David,

Ken,

Any reason why one must have the ID panel in vertical orientation first, before floating it? I think the problem I am seeing is the auto fade. My ID panel fades immediately and never comes back unless I click on its toolbar icon twice.

Ken's button is simply being hidden when in horizontal orientation cause its too narrow, it is visible for sufficiently wide panels.

I believe you've found a bug inWindows in that our 'auto-fade' is "automatically" fading fully, and never showing itself. We'll take a look, thanks!

Now I feel really silly! :wacko:

Ah well, not an unusual place in life for me.

Ken's button is simply being hidden when in horizontal orientation cause its too narrow, it is visible for sufficiently wide panels.

Oh, ok. that explains it.

I believe you've found a bug inWindows in that our 'auto-fade' is "automatically" fading fully, and never showing itself. We'll take a look, thanks!

Thank you Joel!

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you Ken, Joel, and the Accordance Dev Team. This issue is fixed in Accordance 10.3.4.1 for Windows.

David