Keyboard Shortcuts Cheat sheet?

circuitrider

Just getting into Accordance this week. Lovin' it! And Lovin' all you guys and gals for your enthusiastic support.

There is a bit of learning curve here though. My 36 year old brain is not retaining things like it did when I was ummm, 35? I just can't remember every tip I am receiving from the tutorials and users. Has Accordance or anyone compiled a cheat sheet listing the MOST COMMONLY USED keyboard shortcut commands? That would be invaluable. I have seen the list in the Help menu. It is exhaustive and a great reference guide, however may a bit daunting for the beginner. What I am wondering is if there is something out there for Newbies. Something like a "Beginners Reference for the Most Common Keyboard Commands."

If there isn't something like that how about making this thread that reference?

Thanks,

Circuitrider

To achieve what you've described, I copied shortcuts from Help into a document as I required them. Eventually, the list grew, and many of the ones I frequently looked up I ended up memorizing. Peruse the list and pull out some essential shortcuts that interest you, e.g. Ctrl-Tab and Shift-Ctrl-Tab (navigate between tabs), or Command-Up/Down Arrow and Option-Command-Up/Down Arrow for navigating a text verse by verse, or chapter by chapter respectively.

Though it does not list many keyboard shortcuts, I find the Accordance Quick Reference Guide PDF (10 pages) extremely useful.

Here are the ones I use most often:

[TAB]-selects current search text, so it can be replaced by new search

[RETURN] or [ENTER]-search

[COMMAND 5]-see context of current verse selection

Triple-click a word-see article in default dictionary

Triple-click a verse reference-see verse in default commentary

[CONTROL] click on anything-see a contextual menu with appropriate choices for that item (wonderful!)

Remember also that each menu item has the keyboard shortcut listed beside it, if one exists. Since we all work a bit differently, I'd encourage you to make a note of the ones you're using most often.

Enjoy!

Triple-click a verse reference-see verse in default commentary

Just a clarification, the default commentary is the first one listed in your Library window under Reference Tools. Drag the one you want to the top and make sure to click Update to save changes.

If the first reference tool has no reference for the verse, it will go down the list until it finds one that does.

Ed Cross

My suggestion...

1. In the Finder, go to the Accordance app

2. Right-click on it and select "Show Package Contents"

3. Navigate to the folder: /Accordance.app/Contents/Resources/Accordance Help/ref/keyshort.html

4. Open the "keyshort.html" file in Word or TextEdit

5. Peruse and delete some commands, reducing it to one page keeping the commands you want ready-to-hand

6. Save As... in another location. Maybe print out or to a pdf, thus creating your own cheat sheet for your custom use.

Thanks for all the wonderful tips. Every little bit gleaned is compiling into large amount of utility!

I'd like to share a great shortcut I just discovered for anyone who might not know about it.

[Command] and triple click brings up a small window with the default Module(Dictionary or Commentary) for that particular item. I thought that was wonderful for a quick glance.

I really would like to see that kind of small pop up window utilized as a search results window. And with a click on the desired verse your Main Workspace would move to that verse showing it in context. All this while the search results window stays on top of course.

Archived