Articles: Find, Mark, List & Save

William Cross

As I study I find the need to find articles and then mark them to come back to at a later time easily. Something like a list of links to specific articles and specific locations within those articles like I get when using the search function. Is there any easy way to do this?

Ideally I would be able to save the list with a title. For example, let's say I am studying about The Problem of Evil. If I do a search for this in all of the modules I have I will find a very limited number of articles. But if I search for the word evil, I will amass a huge listing that needs to be sorted through. Most of the articles are completely unrelated to my topic, but some are right on the money they just don't state it in the same way I have i.e. The Problem of Evil. So now I have found and picked out a hand full of articles that deal with evil in some form that relates back to my topic. Now what? I can either copy everyone of these articles or sections of articles and create an entirely new module with the appropriate title (this seems counter productive since all of the information already exists in the program and will begin to increase the size of Accordance) the other option I see is to go to each article and open an edit window for it and put in a specific tag like *The Problem of Evil* so that every time I want to study this I do a search for *The Problem of Evil* and only get the articles I have already marked, but this too seems like too much. 1st it means I need to edit every article. 2nd, I will have to remember the correct tag title for this topic. If I come back a year later and am looking for *Is God Responsible for Evil* I would not find these articles.

What would be better would to be able to create and save a window of links. The window would be titled The Problem of Evil and each link would open the appropriate article at the appropriate location just like the search listing does. This would allow for a listing of previously studied topics with all of the found articles marked at the correct place within each article. I guess this idea would be similar to a Wiki listing.

Is there a way to do this or is this a new feature request?

William

We do have plans to allow users to add to a user tool links to specific places in other tools. I think this will do what you suggest, but you will need to wait for it.

Archived