• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 ToddPeperkorn

ToddPeperkorn

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:Theology, biblical languages, latin, german, American Lutheranism, American church history, chess, golf, woodworking, science fiction, classic literature, anything that could generally be categorized as a "book".

Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:21 AM

I don't care which software you use, but I will be there when you have it.

P
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Rev. Todd Peperkorn
Messiah Lutheran Church (LCMS)
Kenosha, WI 53140
http://lutheranlogomaniac.com
http://toddpeperkorn.com/
http://messiahkenosha.org
http://historiclectionary.com
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

#22 Ahshuwah Hawthorne

Ahshuwah Hawthorne

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 14 January 2009 - 02:17 AM

I would be interested in attending. I have already gone through the tutorial CD and I imagine that many others have as well. It would be valuable for me only if it got into some of the advanced features not covered well in the tutorials and if it covered the new features in 8.1

Edited by Ahshuwah Hawthorne, 14 January 2009 - 02:18 AM.

#23 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:a good cup of coffee, sci-fi, playing bass, listing to jazz and the blues, camping, fishing and the great outdoors
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 14 January 2009 - 08:44 AM

It's obvious we have found a real need here.

So..., we are pleased to announce that will will begin holding webinars in the very near future. :D

We have decided to use WebEx Meeting Center for the first year. They seemed to be the company best suited for our present needs—and we wanted a platform that worked well with Macs. They offer a fine web-based interactive interface [no software for you to install!], with streaming video and a choice of audio by VoIP or telephone. We will also be able to record sessions and make them available for later download.

Thank you all so much for your suggestions and feedback! :)

Stay tuned for more information!

Blessings,
Dr. J

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer

Mac: Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz Quad core, 16 GB RAM, Mercury 6G 480 SSD + 1.5 TB HD, OSX 10.10, Yosemite

iPhone 6 plus 64 GB iOS 8.1

#24 Rich Shields

Rich Shields

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:theology, bluegrass music, guitar playing, computers
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 14 January 2009 - 04:30 PM

Our church body recently signed up for MegaMeeting, which is a video conferencing system that allows sharing desktops and presentations, all live. Those of us in the National Office do not reside in the same area. So we can do weekly, daily meetings. There is a monthly fee for 25 seats - we can have as many meetings as we want, simultaneously and as many as we want during the month. If we have our Council meeting (~50), then that month our fee doubles.

We have done two meetings already this month and works great, Mac and Intel and Linux. Only need is for a video camera/mic (~$30). And those of us with Macs have those already built in.

iMac 21” (2011) MBP retina (2013)
Mellel, Nisus Writer Pro
Scrivener, LibreOffice, MS Office 2011

#25 jwritebol

jwritebol

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 16 January 2009 - 09:41 PM

Looks like with the DVD training material online we have some great tools to help us! Thanks Oak Tree for doing this! You've helped me out a ton!
Jeremy Writebol
jwritebol.net

#26 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:a good cup of coffee, sci-fi, playing bass, listing to jazz and the blues, camping, fishing and the great outdoors
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 23 January 2009 - 07:16 AM

Looks like with the DVD training material online we have some great tools to help us! Thanks Oak Tree for doing this! You've helped me out a ton!

Thank you, Jeremy (and many others!)

We're excited to be able to offer these services. Accordance is such a rich and deep program that training is bound to bump up just about anyone's efficiency. Accordance's intuitive interface makes learning the basics of the software relatively easy. [It has a short learning curve.] It's easy to be seduced into the notion that one has learned all there is to it.

I know I had used Accordance for more than a decade when I joined the company—and thought I had a pretty good handle on the software. Boy, was I wrong! I learned more in a couple of weeks than I had in all the time previously. :blink:

I think playing chess is a good analogy. A beginner learns how all the pieces move and says, "OK, I've got it down," never realizing that s/he has just scratched the surface of the game.

David Lang did an excellent job on the Training DVD, though we've had several software revisions since it was produced in 2007. He is now focusing more on the Accordance blog. So, the company has asked me to step into the gap and help produce some new demos and tutorials.

The webinars, which will begin Jan. 27th, will each focus on a single topic. We've decided to rate them: B-Basic, I-Intermediate, A-Advanced, H-Hebrew, G-Greek. We can even combine codes to give users a quick way to see if the webinar will suit their needs. "I-H," for example, means a webinar for the intermediate Accordance user that requires a working knowledge of Hebrew. The current schedule is posted here: http://www.accordanc...rt/webinars.php.

We'll be recording each webinar and make the best of them available for download. We are starting with topics that will appeal to just about all our users, but expect to include more specialized training in the future. You can expect to see task-oriented webinars on how to use Accordance in a classroom, in preaching and sermon preparation, in writing college/seminary research assignments, etc. We'll also be offering them in constructing original language construct searches, writing user tools, importing Unicode files—and just about everything else you can imagine! [No, I don't know how to do all these things (yet), but I know where to find people that do! :D].

So, stay tuned for many more training opportunities. Oh yes, and buy lots more modules, as sales is what covers all of our overhead. Besides, why clutter up your office with all those hardback books? Instead, purchase an e-text that integrates with the greatest Bible search engine on the planet: Accordance!

Blessings,
Dr. J

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer

Mac: Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz Quad core, 16 GB RAM, Mercury 6G 480 SSD + 1.5 TB HD, OSX 10.10, Yosemite

iPhone 6 plus 64 GB iOS 8.1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users