Dropbox Syncing

rcdeacon

My Macbook Pro seems to sync to Dropbox fine but I cannot sync at all with my iPad mini (1st gen). My mini has IOS 1.7.6 and my MBP is running OS X 10 (Yosemite). Although I am running the latest beta this problem existed before 11 and before Yosemite. The sync begins in my mini appearing to start normally but after a couple of seconds I get a dialog box stating "error downloading from dropbox:Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4". There is some other stuff listed in the dialog box that seems to point to a highlights file (highlights.hlt. Not sure what is happening but I haven't been able to sync in a long time. Any help?

Bob

Found the problem! For some strange reason I had a secondary folder named "highlights" in the highlights folder in both "documents" on my MBP and in dropbox. I had not paid attention to that before but once I got rid of that secondary folder in BOTH locations it worked! Yippee! I can sync again! Sorry for the false alarm!

EDIT: My iphone 4S is working now as well! Turning out to be a great day!

Edited by Bob Deacon

Glad you found the problem. We're probably not setup to handle folders with the same name inside the main user content folders so that would definitely cause issues.