User Tool Import Problem

twbeining

In importing an html file (and a very simple html file at that) it will not pick up Italics. (I am using simple <i></i> tags)

I checked the help file for Accordance (very good job by on that by the way) and the table it shows of html tags it will recognize does include Italics.

Could you please look into this and fix it. This could be a major league headache if importing a public domain book that has Italics in it.

Also could you please consider adding the ability to be able to import tables in html to user tools. It would make life so much easier.

Peace and Blessings,

Tim

I just created a user tool html and it properly supported both italics and bold . A couple of questions:

1) Are you sure the styles aren't in the tool, instead of being there, but not being rendered? What I mean by this is, if you open up the user tool edit window (command-U), do you see the styles? Similarly, is it possible that the tool is using a font that doesn't actually support italics? In either of these cases, try using a font that supports italics, such as Helvetica, TImes New Roman, or others.

2) If (1) doesn't answer your question, do you mind posting your html file here, or an edited version of it, so I and others can try importing its italics?

Thanks.

Joel,

I guess it is me that is broke and not the program! I should have known better.

I never gave the font for viewing the tool a thought. That was the problem. When I looked in the edit box the styles were there so I changed the font and all is good.

Now about that importing tables thing . . . . B)

Thanks for a lesson well learned!

Peace and Blessings,

Tim