Accordance quits immediately after opening

Luke Isham

I have two Macs a, Mac Mini at home running Accordance version 10 and now I'm installing Accordance version 10 on my new (2nd Hand but new for me) MacBook Pro and it quits immediately after opening.

Any ideas?

May be it's a licensing thing or maybe there are the previous owner's Accordance files still around or maybe I haven't installed the other files it needs?

Try a fresh install from a fresh download. On the new computer kill off all the accordance files including the folder located [?HD?]/Library/Application Support/Accordance

Go to your Accordance account online and in your purchases section download the 10 installer. This should solve your problems. If not report back here… :)

-Dan

• Like 1

Good advice here from Dan. I would also reboot the computer after you rip all the bits out and before you install the new one. I'm a big fan of rebooting things. It's a carryover from the horrible days of using Windoze. I spent half my life removing rootkits, malware, spyware and viruses from the wretched things. Every time you do anything with a box from the Dark Side it has to be rebooted. I've found that it has fixed some strange anomalies on this Mac too. I have never had anything really awful go wrong with this in the year and a half I have been using it... praise God for blessing me with the funds and the sense to buy a MAC. :-)

hi there- I was having the same problem with 9.5. I noticed that if my internet was off, acc didnt close. I was advised here to update to 9.6- that has worked and there has been no further problems. I know this doesn't really help because you have 10, but thought I'd share.

Often the problem is actually a corrupt workspace. Helen may be able to correct me here, but I would start by deleting the Accordance preferences file - usually in [home]/Library//Preferences/Accordance/

To find this in Lion or Mountain lion, hold down the option key while you click on the Go menu in the Finder. It will be just under the Home entry.

Sometimes (if you chose to install for any user) the Preferences folder in [Hard Disk]/Library/Preferences

You will have to revalidate, but it should reset any links to an incompatible startup workspace.

I cannot agree with all your drastic solutions, sorry!

If version 9 crashes on startup, it can be fixed by downloading 9.6.6 from the website. We aren't sure what causes this, but we know 9.6.6 fixes it.

If any version crashes on startup, it's probably a corrupt Startup session, and the current one should be removed from user/Library/preferences/Accordance preferences. This is, however, rare with the latest version as Accordance fixes the problem itself if it cannot use the Startup session, and is set to open Last session.

The other suggestions, replacing all preferences, reinstalling Accordance are drastic measure which are rarely needed.

Glad to hear that Helen, some to companies won't even offer any help till a completely clean install is performed. I should have realized Accordance was more advanced than that. :)

-Dan

Helen is of course correct! I should have added the sentence "Assuming you have updated to 9.6.6, if the crashes are still occurring, then the problem.....etc etc."

What's your mileage so far Luke?

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the discussion, I suspect that because I inherited this laptop from my brother that there are scraps his version of Accordance left lying around the place.

The other thing I wondering about is, do I need to install more than just the application? It seems odd that there are no accompanying files.

After a couple of reboots and reinstalls I've stil got the same problem Accordance, quits immediately.

You can look in user/Library/Application support/Accordance and if that folder is empty or only contains an Accordance Preferences folder, delete the Accordance folder and try again. There are so many variables here, it's best to set up a screenshare session with tech support to see what files are where, and remove any that are getting in the way. I am available now to help you if you are awake. Send me your contact info via a personal message.