Searching in Sifra

liane826

I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out how to search within the Sifra module. I wanted to get to ahare mot, pereq 4 but every combination of those search terms I put in came up empty. Is there a specific way to search this text or to jump to a specified section without manually scrolling through the entire book?

Thanks!

One way to get around this is to open up a Hebrew Bible in parallel with Sifra. You can easily jump to Vayikra ch. 16 and Sifra will jump down to the same spot.

Another thing to be aware of - Sifra has another set of tradition divisions which are difficult to find when using the regular Sifra module. I had a discussion with Helen about this when Sifra first became available. It was resolved, in part, by creating a second sifra module called Sifra - Traditional Division. The same thing exists for the two Sifre (Bamidbar and D'varim) - there are regular modules and Traditional Division modules. Unfortunately, the "Traditional Division" set of modules are not coded the same way as the regular modules, so they won't scroll in parallel with the Hebrew Bible (or with the regular modules).

What a simple solution, and it works perfectly. Thanks for suggesting that! I had noticed the two different modules, and eventually found what I needed by scrolling through the Traditional Division one, but I'm glad to know why they are there in the first place.

Thanks again, this is very helpful!