Help Searching for Scripture Cluster in Resources

Ahshuwah Hawthorne

I have a question about searching for word or scripture clusters in other non-bible resources. I asked David on his blog but I figure I'll throw it up here too. I was searching for the scripture Rom 9:18-29 in all of the theological journal library. Needless to say I got a ton of reference without any way to tell which ones mention my verses only once in a footnote and which ones are entirely about this scripture and so mention it dozens of time. Is there any way to prioritize this kind of search so that I can find the most helpful resources first?

I don't think there is a way to do this sorry. The reason is that the Scripture references are treated as their own field, so there is no way to tell whether they are actually in the titles, contents or footnotes.

if you use the Search All window however, you do get a summary of the hits in each journal so you should be able to narrow down those that have actual articles on the reference. You can create a search all group with just the journals to avoid searching your entire library.

Thanks Helen. Yes I use the search all feature and I have a journal group. Consider this a feature request. Some way to organize search results based on the the clustering of the results.

Archived