Image quality in Holman Charts, Maps, Reconstructions

EricC

I just noticed this in my library and opened it up. There is some interesting information in it, but the overall quality of the images seems low. In some cases, I can't even read the text in the charts. Is this the same for everyone, or am I doing something incorrectly?

Quality is low. Text fuzzy. Even the lines in the charts are a bit fuzzy. I'm viewing on a 27" monitor, resolution 2560 x 1440.

EDIT: Needs improvement but the module is still useable.

Edited by Julie Falling

I really like this resource and find the various charts to be very useful, but I agree that it would great to have clearer images.

Yeah, it's an old resource (which could explain the images?), but I find it has some unique offerings I can't get elsewhere in Accordance--I find it valuable.

The charts in this resource are scans taken directly from the hard copy, the only source available from the publisher. Most of the images have a lot of dithering, as a result of the screen-printing process used in creating the book. However, the resolution is high, and you can zoom in closely to see the text. It is a little “fuzzy”, because of the aforementioned dithering resulting from the screen printing.

Mark

May be time to go back to holman and see if you can get their bible atlas by thomas brisco electronically which is still my go to resource despite being 1998 (2014 reprint?) and having the zondervan atlas in accordance. o)

For those interested yo can download a sample pdf chapter from here and expand the maps to see the resolution

http://www.bhpublishinggroup.com/products/holman-bible-atlas-2/

And someone has scanned the images here, and while they are not desperately good scans, you can get a flavour of what this work covers.

http://abideinme.net/maps/bible_atlas.pdf

Edited by ukfraser