Spotlight search

danzac

I would find it very useful to have my usernotes searchable via spotlight.

As scholars we tend to jot down a lot of stuff often in a lot of different places. Notes enter my bibliographic database, my accordance user notes, and other text documents. Often times you write something down and cannot remember where. Spotlight is a lifesaver for these situations.

Having usernotes spotlight searchable would definitely help this process, and make study and data a little more manageable utilizing a great feature of the Mac OS/X.

Is there any others that would find this useful?

I am afraid there is no easy way for us to do this. You could export the Notes as text from time to time, and then Spotlight would search them.

• 4 weeks later...
I am afraid there is no easy way for us to do this. You could export the Notes as text from time to time, and then Spotlight would search them.

Okay, can I make a small request then? Can it be a preference choice to have all user notes exported in RTF to the same folder that the user notes are in? Perhaps it is done every time Accordance is closed, and the old RTF in the file would be replaced. This would make user notes spotlight searchable.

Archived