Entering exact searches using the polytonic keyboard

Λύχνις Δαν

Hi ya,

I have just tried to type in an exact search using with the polytonic keyboard preference selected. I can enter characters and accents ok but I cannot get double quotes. In the polytonic they are entered as Shft-Command-" or Ctrl-Shift-" but nether of these renders in the search box - no character appears. In TextEdit the first fails but Ctrl-Shift-" works. Both key combinations work in Pages and I could not find a keyboard shortcut conflict. I also checked the Acc doc and I could not see a conflicting shortcut.

Is this a bug or am I missing something ?

Thx

D

The exact search uses the equals sign, I think you are trying the inflected search, and you can use either single or double quotes for that. I agree that there is a bug as I cannot enter these with either the Greek Polytonic in the Accordance Preferences, or the Unicode menu option. We'll look into it, but in the meantime you can use the Enter Inflected form from the Search menu, or right-click menu, or even easier, see the form in the text, right-click and Search for Inflected Form which also gives you the exact search (case and accent sensitive).

Thanx for looking into it Helen - yes I guess got my terms mixed up - inflected not exact. Thx D.