Searching Red Letter and Italics in KJV

Ed Cross

Is there a way that I can search for all of red letter and also all of the italics in the KJV?

Ed Cross

Short answer: no!

Can I get the long answer then?

Ed Cross

That's all I have. There is no way to search any of the styles that are part of the display text.

• 6 months later...

That's all I have. There is no way to search any of the styles that are part of the display text.

I am not sure what the original intent was, but I have wanted to do a search for every command of Jesus. So I first tried to define a range of only the words of Christ. The problem is that field is limited to about 500 characters. So I created a reference list instead. But I do not know how to permanently save this list to use in the future. Then I did my search of the CONTENTS of the reference tab for IMPERATIVE in the GNT-T. This seems to be the only way I have found to do this. Question: Is there a way to override the 500 character limitation to the Define Range dialog box? And is there a better way to do this sort of searching?

The Reference list is ideal for this purpose, and you just save the window or workspace to save it.

The Reference list is ideal for this purpose, and you just save the window or workspace to save it.

Duplicated, detached, renamed, and saved the Reference List. That was perfect. Thanks.

Duplicated, detached, renamed, and saved the Reference List. That was perfect. Thanks.

Any way to post or share your reference list?

Archived