Copying "as citation" from a user group search

timothylfox

Hello again,

I've created a user group with three Hebrew grammars: Jouon-Muraoka, Waltke, and GKC. I did this so I could search for Scripture references in all three at the same time. However, Accordance is not letting me "copy as citation" from within this search result. The "copy as citation" option is "greyed" out and I can only copy normally.

However, if I search in the individual grammar, I can then "copy as citation" like normal, but this defeats the purpose for me to create a searchable user group. Is there any way to fix this?

Hello again,

I've created a user group with three Hebrew grammars: Jouon-Muraoka, Waltke, and GKC. I did this so I could search for Scripture references in all three at the same time. However, Accordance is not letting me "copy as citation" from within this search result. The "copy as citation" option is "greyed" out and I can only copy normally.

However, if I search in the individual grammar, I can then "copy as citation" like normal, but this defeats the purpose for me to create a searchable user group. Is there any way to fix this?

I assume you're using Search All after creating the group? This is a unique view that is not really opening the entire module, which is probably why citations are not available. I don't think I've heard this request before; someone will have to chime in on whether this will ever be possible.

Initially the Search All window yielded no text, only stats on results. Then we added inert text. Now we have text that is somewhat active, but it doesn't do everything that you can in a full module. I suspect it would be quite hard to add Copy as Citation. However, when you see one you need to cite, just click the module name in the left browser pane, and the module opens with the search.