Bookmarks in 'My Tools'

ray robinson

Love the bookmarks feature in IOS.

It works fine with most modules however I'm finding while I can make a bookmark in the books in my 'my tools' folder it doesn't lead me back to that spot when I click on it.

These are books I've imported like 'Orthodoxy' 'The distinguishing Marks' 'Mortification -Owen' -same problem whatever the book.

Accordance for IOS 1.7

iPhone 4s

thanks in advance

rayr

Hmm. This is an interesting case. While users can create bookmarks in user tools, they don't actually work when selected from the "My Bookmarks" list. I wonder if we should even allow setting bookmarks here since user tools are readily editable in the desktop app and those edits may invalidate the bookmark location information.

Regardless, we need to investigate the issue further. Thanks for the feedback.

• 2 months later...

I have noticed the same behavior regarding My Bookmarks with My Tools. The bookmark shows up under My Bookmarks in the Library, but when I select a bookmark that was made in a User Tool, it won't jump to the bookmark.

I would value retaining the ability to bookmark User Files. Even though, as Scott noted, the editing of user tools in the desktop app may invalidate the bookmark location; nevertheless, one can always edit the actual bookmark if necessary.

Thanks!