Importing "Bible Text" or "User Tool"

BFikkert

I would like to add a Ugandan Bible to Accordance but have not found one. I can get the Bible text but it is not seen as a Bible. Can I format the text for Accordance to recognize it as a Bible?

Sure, you can format the text as a User Bible then import it into your Accordance, and it will work just like your other bible texts. The details for the format should be found in the Accordance Help, or you can ask more questions here on the forums.

I have recently done the Kiswahili Union Bible as a User Bible. It's not hard if you have a good text editor. I am also working on the Lexham English Bible (a much harder text) - there are Bible references within Bible verses in "notes" within the text which messes up the User Bible import.

Joel, any idea about what to do there?

• Like 2

Ken,

It may be possible use some programming to separate that into two modules - one with just the Biblical text as a User Bible and the other with just the notes as a User Note. Do you have a link or a sample of text we could look at?

Thanks,

Bob

Here are a pretty classic couple of verses.

Genesis 31:54 And Jacob sacrificed a sacrifice on the hill, and he called his kinsmen to eat the meal.<note: Or "food, bread"> And they ate the meal<note: Or "food, bread"> and spent the night on the hill.
Genesis 31:55 <note: Genesis 31:55-32:32 in the English Bible is 32:1-33 in the Hebrew Bible> And Laban arose early in the morning and kissed his grandsons<note: Or "sons"> and his daughters, and blessed them. Then Laban departed and returned to his homeland. ¶
Am no regex expert, but I am sure it must be possible...
Edited by Ken Simpson

• 8 months later...

Since you guys were talking about adding Bibles in other languages, I thought I was ask my question here. I'm wanting to import an Arabic Quran (there's currently an English one) but I read somewhere before that it has to be in a specific format... I'd trying searching the forum but I can't find it... I can get it in pdf and .doc... but I'm not sure what to do with it past that. Is it easy for someone who's not technically gifted to import a text to be used as a user tool?

Thanks... Dave

You can only import Bibles to create a text module. You can import ASCII text and HTML to a user tool, but these do not currently support unicode. So you would need to convert the text you have to our ASCII Arabic font, a major effort and really not worth it. I suggest you wait for eventual unicode support for user tools.

• Like 1

Ken,

Does this mean that the Lexham English Bible will be put up on the exchange, or are you doing it for your own personal use?