How to Put a Combined Text in the Primary Tab

Enoch

I am very thankful that Accord. has a made it possible via the Add Parallel Menu to put in parallel a combined text, like LXX+GNT28 . But after poking around, I was unable to make that text come up in the primary left tab. I find no combined texts in my library. I wanted to search both the LXX and the NT at the same time for a particular Greek inflected form, but was unable to do so.

Is there anyway to make a combined text be the first text in the workspace & thus searchable?

Hi Enoch,

When I first tried this out I had a bunch of questions in this thread : http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10299. In short you cannot search multiple texts right now and cannot open them as the primary text in a tab alas. But I agree it would be really nice.

Thx

D

Yes, the combined texts are only available as parallel texts, because they are not actually texts (which is why you can't find them in your library Enoch) they are two texts displayed one after the other. Since they are not a single text, and cannot be searched as a single text, that's why they can't be used as a search pane.

You can search both texts by using the link command as such:

post-29509-0-13164500-1393578167_thumb.png

• Like 1

Searching multiple texts at the same time is certainly possible, but not in the Combined Texts pane. The hit statistics from the two corpora can also not be combined (except manually).

To Search multiple Texts, try using two linked zones. The first zone will have the Search Argument in the Entry Field, the second will be linked using the [LINK ?] command as its Search Argument, where "?" is replaced by the title of the first zone. That way, anything you search for in the primary zone will be replicated in the secondary zone. [i now see Ken has uploaded a screenshot of this method in his post.]

Another way to do this is to make a custom My Group in the Library. Place all the texts in it you want to search (e.g. GNT28-T, LXX1, Philo-T, APOCAL-T, etc.). Select the Greek word in any tagged text, use a right-click to access the Contextual Menu, then select the proper folder in My Group. Accordance will search every resource in that folder.

Hope this helps!

Edited by Timothy Jenney

Well thanks, I will have to study that & do the hands-on.

When will I stop everything else & devote a month to learning Accordance.

Are any of the seminaries offering Accordance 101?

Incidentally, Surely there is some way to make Accordance so that one can specify a search in side, parallel window.

Edited by Enoch

Are any of the seminaries offering Accordance 101?

Between the podcasts, online training seminars, hosted workshops, and Dr. J's new course, Accordance itself is offering Accordance 101. Best decision I made when first getting Accordance was to watch every single podcast. The interface has changed since the earlier podcasts were made, but the core functionality is the same or better.

[Chuckle] I'd love to find a seminary that would hire me to teach students Accordance (while still allowing me to continue to podcast, of course)!

Meanwhile, thanks for the affirmation, Jonathan. I take great joy in showing people how to use Accordance. I am firmly committed to the mission of teaching people to feed themselves from God's Word. Accordance Bible Software is a great tool to do just that—and I am grateful my present position allows me so much time to teach such great people.