Upgrades

Justin Burt

Is there an upgrade from Scholar's Core 7 to Scholar's Premier 8?

We are still working to update the site for the new materials, so your question is a little premature. This is why there is no announcement of this yet. However, yes, you order two items: upgrade to Scholar's 8 Standard level (check the Upgrade box) and the add-on Scholar's 8 Standard to Premier.

Sorry, didn't mean to jump the gun. But thank you for the information.

Helen,

Can we just select the standard to premier addon if all we really want are those resources for $100, or do we need to have the 8.0 Standard before we can addon the premier?

John Fidel

Well, the Standard upgrade is necessary, but it is also cheap! It's only $69 and you would have to spend $39 for version 8 and $15 for the DVD in any case, so we're asking just $15 for the Grammar Group and Guide to the BHS. Since you would get all of them when you install Premier level, you do need to have the Standard level first.

Well, the Standard upgrade is necessary, but it is also cheap! It's only $69 and you would have to spend $39 for version 8 and $15 for the DVD in any case, so we're asking just $15 for the Grammar Group and Guide to the BHS. Since you would get all of them when you install Premier level, you do need to have the Standard level first.

I do have to say that I really like the way you have redesigned the way in which packages are bought. I think this design is more attractive to purchase than the Scholar's Core of previous versions. Great job!

I was just about to order the New International Biblical Commentary at $100.

It has just been released as an add-on to Premier 8 Library!! So for an extra $9 on top of what I was going to pay for the NIBC I also get Holman Bible Illustrated Bible Dictionary, Life Application Study Bible, Bible Knowledge Commentary, Dictionary of Early Christian Biography, selected works on Pink, Owen and Murray, Experiencing God, HCSB, Keil and Delitzsch, and much more... (Still looking through the list). All for the price of two cups of coffee!!

Being Scottish I like a good bargain, it doesn't get any better.

Thank you.

It appears as though Barnes notes were dropped from the new Premier library. Is there a way I can preserve this resource? This has happened before, that some things were dropped when a new library was released. Will I need to do anything to keep using Barnes?

It would be nice if along with the list of new items, we got a list of deleted ones, although I'm sure this isn't best sales technique!

To be honest, there is so much now available in these bundles, that it gets hard to keep track of what I do and don't have. I find myself going through the list of included resources in the new library, and getting excited about certain modules, only to discover that they've been on my computer from the last upgrade for over a year already!

As I just posted on another topic: Actually many modules appear to be missing because of smart apostrophes or accents in the name. I will correct the lists ASAP. They are all present and correct on the DVD. Nothing was dropped this time from any level, only added.

Thanks Helen,

I just ordered this, however I have a quick question. Is there one or two additional English bibles provided with the upgrade. It appears that one for upgrading from 7.0 Core to 8.0 Standard and then another for going from Standard to Premier, but I could be misreading the website.

Also, is the ESV with Strongs or the NETS available to be one of the additional English bibles?

Thanks,

John Fidel

You do get a choice of Bible when you go from Standard to Premier, but not when you upgrade from 7 to 8: we do have to pay royalties on them and cannot afford to throw in another Bible with every upgrade.

You may choose a more expensive Bible like NETS of ESVS but you will need to pay the difference as the credit is for a $30 Bible.

You do get a choice of Bible when you go from Standard to Premier, but not when you upgrade from 7 to 8: we do have to pay royalties on them and cannot afford to throw in another Bible with every upgrade.

You may choose a more expensive Bible like NETS of ESVS but you will need to pay the difference as the credit is for a $30 Bible.

Excellent. Thanks for the reply.

John Fidel

• 2 weeks later...
We are still working to update the site for the new materials, so your question is a little premature. This is why there is no announcement of this yet. However, yes, you order two items: upgrade to Scholar's 8 Standard level (check the Upgrade box) and the add-on Scholar's 8 Standard to Premier.

I'm going to do this soon and upgrade from Accordance 7 Scholars core. A couple of things I need you to clarify

1. Do I need to purchase the Primary 8 DVD separately or is it included in the price?

2. How many english bible versions (if any) are included in the upgrade?

Thanks in advance

The Primary 8 DVD is included in the price.

There are no free Bibles when you upgrade from an earlier CD to the same level (i.e. Core to Standard), but there is one free Bible when you upgrade to a higher level (Standard to Premier).

The Primary 8 DVD is included in the price.

There are no free Bibles when you upgrade from an earlier CD to the same level (i.e. Core to Standard), but there is one free Bible when you upgrade to a higher level (Standard to Premier).

I've just placed the following order:-

ESVS Group $20.00 (Upgrade)

Sch8-S $69.00 (Upgrade)

Sch8-P Up/S $100.00 (Regular)

DVD-2 $29.00 (Regular)

HCSB $30.00 (Regular)

I was expecting to get the HCSB free?

Yes, you should, and you noted that on the order, and it will be taken care of by our efficient sales staff.

Yes, you should, and you noted that on the order, and it will be taken care of by our efficient sales staff.

Didn't quite work out. I wasn't charged the $30 but didn't receive the HCSB unlock code either?

Archived