Chinese texts slowdown with new Acc iOS

Jonathan C. Borland

My 3 Chinese texts (Chinese Union, New Chinese, Revised Union) are all crawling slow (sometimes up to 5 seconds!) for navigation to Bible references. Using iOS Acc v.1.7.5 on iOS 7.1.2 on iPhone 4S. Maybe my hardware is too slow for the new update? I suppose there's no way to downgrade to the previous version of Acc for iOS, is there?

Jonathan

Are you using the GoTo view to navigate or scrolling or the arrow keys in the bottom toolbar?

I'm using the GoTo button in top left corner. Also very slow, 4-5 or seconds, if going to a passage in a text linked with a Chinese text.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Scott,

The slowdown also occurs in my wife's "new" iPad (retina). It was instantaneously fast before, but now it takes 2 to 4 or more full seconds from the time I press the verse of a new reference (from the top left reference/table of contents go-to menu) to the time that the text appears. This slowdown occurs with any Chinese version and with any text that has a Chinese version in parallel. I'm not sure if this issue is limited only to Chinese versions, but I haven't noticed it with any other texts.

The only reason I'm so concerned is because the Chinese versions are my primary texts due to my line of work, and losing so much speed from my last Acc version to the current one has proven a thorny trial on my patience. Might the thorn be removed?