How do I..maps and atlas?

pjpj911

I have never had much need for the maps or atlas but I have also never been able to get them open. Every time I single click on Maps in Resource Pallet I get this message..."to show maps for the first time, you must open at least one map background"

and when I double click I get this message "please navigate to correct folder and select module"

The second message comes up for the atlas as well.

Does anyone know what to do to get these open?

For version 9.x, you navigate from your hard drive (root directory) to Library to Application Support to Accordance to Atlas files. Then select the appropriate file (background, altitude, Map data).

In version 8.x, you navigate to where you store your Accordance files (modules, etc).

I have never had much need for the maps or atlas but I have also never been able to get them open. Every time I single click on Maps in Resource Pallet I get this message..."to show maps for the first time, you must open at least one map background"

and when I double click I get this message "please navigate to correct folder and select module"

The second message comes up for the atlas as well.

Does anyone know what to do to get these open?

The maps in Accordance are an add-on (additional purchase), so if you haven't purchased them yet you will need to do so to use them: http://www.accordancebible.com/store/details/?pid=Atlas+2.2+Group

I'd recommend the Graphics DVD, as it includes the Timeline, the Atlas and PhotoGuide 3: http://www.accordancebible.com/store/details/?pid=Graphics+DVD

Of course if you've already purchased them, then the steps already mentioned will work just fine. ;)

Another option is to start with the Atlas Sampler for $20, to try out the Atlas functionality. If you don't use it much, that might suffice for you. If you find it to limiting, however, the price is credited toward a purchase of the full Atlas.

There are also several other modules with static maps. (The Atlas is an interactive one) Including the NET Bible, and the new Carta Collection products. Those aren't accessed through the Map icon, but by using the appropriate tool.

Lorinda

• 1 year later...

Another option is to start with the Atlas Sampler for $20, to try out the Atlas functionality. If you don't use it much, that might suffice for you. If you find it to limiting, however, the price is credited toward a purchase of the full Atlas.

Does this sampler still exist? I cannot find it in the store. Sounds like it would be ideal for me, too.

No, we have discontinued the sampler as it tended to interfere with Easy Install of the full Atlas, and was a poor substitute.