Sync Workspaces

tlw5560

Is there a way to sync 2 different workspaces? What I have in mind is somewhat like the "tie" feature with windows.

What exactly would you want the synch to accomplish that the tieing doen't already do?

What exactly would you want the synch to accomplish that the tieing doen't already do?

I use a dual display set up and at times I have two work spaces open, my base translation on one screen and multiple versions/original languages on another. There are times when I do word studies on one screen and contextual study on another... it would be nice to be able to somehow sync the work spaces so that my word searches would be reflected in context without having to mess with too many tabs.

Well, you may be doing this already, but if you have one of your contextual tabs set up to be [CONTENTS ?] of your main word study tab, it will always show the relevant hits of your word search. Have then this tab set its Context to all, so you'll always have the full text there, but with the relevant hit verses marked with bookmarks. And, since its a Linked window, any future searches in your word tab will be reflected there automatically.

This may not help, but perhaps will at least give you some ideas to help simplify your workflow.

I use a dual display set up and at times I have two work spaces open, my base translation on one screen and multiple versions/original languages on another. There are times when I do word studies on one screen and contextual study on another... it would be nice to be able to somehow sync the work spaces so that my word searches would be reflected in context without having to mess with too many tabs.

I always use Accordance in dual screen mode to teach my Bible classes. I set up and saved a session as follows: I create a workspace with two translations side by side. I duplicated the workspace and then use the tie command to sync the workspaces and drag the second workspace to the projected screen. I change the font to about 30 points. Then I add my notes and/or modules to the workspace seen only on my computer screen. Limited, but it works great. I have attempted to setup a workspace that would sync my search results to a second workspace. I have found nothing to work. The slideshow mode in Accordance comes close, but it only works in mirror mode which is unacceptable with my projector. I may be expecting too much.

Tom

I always use Accordance in dual screen mode to teach my Bible classes. I set up and saved a session as follows: I create a workspace with two translations side by side. I duplicated the workspace and then use the tie command to sync the workspaces and drag the second workspace to the projected screen. I change the font to about 30 points. Then I add my notes and/or modules to the workspace seen only on my computer screen. Limited, but it works great. I have attempted to setup a workspace that would sync my search results to a second workspace. I have found nothing to work. The slideshow mode in Accordance comes close, but it only works in mirror mode which is unacceptable with my projector. I may be expecting too much.

Tom

Very helpful, Tom... I was hoping someone could show me how to sync my search results between workspaces, alas... I have set up a tab that allows me to look at the search results verse in context. Accordance is awesome, but us users keep on wanting it to do more and more. By and large the program grows to meet the demands.

Thanks, Terry

Well, you may be doing this already, but if you have one of your contextual tabs set up to be [CONTENTS ?] of your main word study tab, it will always show the relevant hits of your word search. Have then this tab set its Context to all, so you'll always have the full text there, but with the relevant hit verses marked with bookmarks. And, since its a Linked window, any future searches in your word tab will be reflected there automatically.

This may not help, but perhaps will at least give you some ideas to help simplify your workflow.

Thanks, Joel! This may not have been what Terry was looking for, but I think I will find it quite helpful.

--Tony

Archived