Hebrew Dict. not opening

eric in redding

A new problem started after I updated to 8.2. When I triple click on a word in the OT the word is high lighted but no dictionary opens. I waited until 8.2.1 thinking it would fix the bug; it did not. So it must be my system. The problem is with ESVS. NAS95 works fine. And the greek dictionary launches fine for NT words in the ESVS. I am sure there is a way to reset which dictionary launches with each biblical text, but I am not finding it. Any help would be appreciated.

There is no way to reset this dictionary which is programmed into each Key number text. The correct dictionary is Hebrew Keys. Is this installed in your Accordance?

Yes the module is installed and I can open it manually. Also, if I right-click on a word, go to Look Up, Dictionary -- that works too. Its just the triple click that is not working. And only for this module.

I have version 2 of the ESVS and version 1.1 of the Hebrew Keys. Do your modules match?

I will check when I get home tonight. I did run "check for updates" last night and the only thing that showed up was the 8.2.1 update. Nothing for any of my modules. But I will check the version numbers when I get home.

OK I checked and I have the same versions as you; ESVS v2.0 and version 1.1 of the Hebrew Keys.

OK I just installed 8.2.2 and the problem remains. I tried trashing all the preferences, which seemed to reset everything to factory default, but no go. My laptop that I use for teaching is working fine. I am stumped. I can open the module fine manually. Just not if I triple click. Any ideas out there?

• 2 weeks later...

Triple click is working again. I just watched Dr J's video on arranging modules and made the changes for ESVS in their respective categories. Triple click is now working in the OT again. Still have no idea why the problem started though.

http://www.biblesoftwaremac.com/training/d...angeModules.htm

I am very glad that it is working. Can you remember where the Hebrew Keys module was in the Hebrew tools menu? Which position, and whether in a folder or the main list?

It was under the Hebrew Tools list but not in a folder (I did not know how to make those until I watched the video yesterday). I have 3 tools in that list and it was third with NAS Hebrew and Hebrew Strong's above it.

Archived