Changing the triple click option

William B

HI this may be a really simple question, when I triple click a verse it opens the WEB notes, I want to change that to BK commentary but dont know how, can anyone help?. I know this is probably a really newbie question.....

HI this may be a really simple question, when I triple click a verse it opens the WEB notes, I want to change that to BK commentary but dont know how, can anyone help?. I know this is probably a really newbie question.....

From one newbie to another, Go to Library window (if not enabled do so under "window" menu). Scroll down to Reference tools, grab and drag BK commentary to the top of the list. Click "update" at bottom of window and you should be all set. Tom

From one newbie to another, Go to Library window (if not enabled do so under "window" menu). Scroll down to Reference tools, grab and drag BK commentary to the top of the list. Click "update" at bottom of window and you should be all set. Tom

Thanks thats great, one other thing I would like to change, when looking at reference books looking at the reveal box thing at the bottom that shows greek words, scriptures etc, when using references and it shows scripture it always shows KJV I would rather change this to the ESV which is my usual translation, is this possible?

Another problem im having is user notes I find these really difficult to use. My current problem is that I have made a note for Galatians 5:16 and no matter what I do it will not let me add to it or edit it. I have no idea how to access this and the help file was no help, it assumed I could do this. I have tried highlighting the verse and clicking the notes thing I simply get a display of what is there, does not allow me to do anything other than highlight the text. I tried clicking the scripture and it brings up some error about it not being the right corpus or something.

Notes are really important to what I want to use accoradance for so any help would be appretiated....

Thanks thats great, one other thing I would like to change, when looking at reference books looking at the reveal box thing at the bottom that shows greek words, scriptures etc, when using references and it shows scripture it always shows KJV I would rather change this to the ESV which is my usual translation, is this possible?

To set this, you use "the most important key command in Accordance!" (to quote David Lang and the Accordance Blog): Command-T. This brings up 'Set Tool Display...', also found under the Display menu. This dialog will set the display and settings of just about every window in Accordance, be it a Reference Tool, Search Text, or even Map or Graph. Returning to your question, while in the Set Tool Display dialog, you can pick the text you want to look the references under from the 'Text:' menu in the Hypertext section. If, for some reason you choose a text that is OT or NT only, such as the GNT or BHS-W4, that is what the 'Alternate Text' popup is for. For most English texts, this isn't necessary, though, as they include both OT and NT. I hope this helps.

Another problem im having is user notes I find these really difficult to use. My current problem is that I have made a note for Galatians 5:16 and no matter what I do it will not let me add to it or edit it. I have no idea how to access this and the help file was no help, it assumed I could do this. I have tried highlighting the verse and clicking the notes thing I simply get a display of what is there, does not allow me to do anything other than highlight the text. I tried clicking the scripture and it brings up some error about it not being the right corpus or something.

Notes are really important to what I want to use accoradance for so any help would be appretiated....

I'm sorry the notes are being frustrating. There are two easy ways to edit an existing note. The first way is to click or have a selection in the verse you are interested in, then type Command-U (Edit User Note, found in the Selection menu). Once done with your changes, click 'Update' to save them. The second, even easier way, is to just type! While looking at your note, just click in the note and start typing. The edit window will automatically open in the exact same place you were working, and then be dismissed once you click update. I hope this also helps.

If either of my explanations aren't clear enough, I can provide some screenshots.

Thanks a lot that has solved that :)

One wee suggestion would be to add an edit box on the notes, now I know to type and it pops up thats simple and very easy but I dont know if I would have thought of that before being told (it could also be just that im really new to these things through...).

As you continue to get used to it, it may be a good idea to subscribe to Lighting the Lamp, Accordance's weekly podcast. The host, Dr. J, does an excellent job walking through many of the basic features of Accordance. For example, in his two-part podcast on Inductive Bible Study, he discusses User Notes extensively and shows how to use them effectively within your workflow. You can subscribe directly to the podcast in iTunes with this link, or you can view them individually on the podcast page. And of course its completely free.

I tried to change the triple click for both Greek and Hebrew references from Greek or Hebrew keys to Strong's. I clicked the "update" button but when I triple click I still get either Greek or Hebrew keys and not Strong's. Is this something that is not changeable or did I do something wrong?

Bob

That is true. The top tool in the menu (Library window) is used for triple-click from any word except a word with a key number. Those are tied to the related key dictionary and cannot be overridden. However, you can press option and click on the menu in the Resource palette to look up the original word in the lexicon or dictionary of your choice.

That is true. The top tool in the menu (Library window) is used for triple-click from any word except a word with a key number. Those are tied to the related key dictionary and cannot be overridden. However, you can press option and click on the menu in the Resource palette to look up the original word in the lexicon or dictionary of your choice.

Thank you once again Helen. You have been very helpful. I'm still learning but I must admit even though the transition was not the easiest from the beginning, I am really beginning to enjoy Accordance. It is truly a great program and I appreciate you and all of those who work so hard to make it the program it is.

Bob

Archived