Timothy Jenney

[Accordance 10: Methods] The best way to study a verse in the Bible is to learn to think contextually. Consider a verse's context: the paragraph in which it is found, the section in which it appears, and the book in which it is embedded. Good tools, like Bible outlines and Introductions, can help us see the big picture. Thinking contextually helps us avoid errors in interpretation, as Dr. J shows us in this podcast, using the three parables of Luke 15 as an example.

post-29215-0-88299400-1402405920_thumb.png

Edited by Timothy Jenney
  • Like 1

Really nice, Dr. J. I'm going to send a link to the YouTube version to a bunch of friends.

By the way, so far we have given 4 Accordance gift cards to HS graduates. We gave them a choice between some 'dead tree' versions of a few books we thought would be helpful to them and Accordance. Four of the six chose Accordance (two have not made decisions so far). I am SO encouraged!

EDIT: The YouTube link gives me the right podcast, but a darkened, unplayable screen.

Edited by Julie Falling

Thanks, Julie!

You go, girl! I have been giving away Accordance as gifts for some years now. I view it as an investment in a person's spiritual growth and ministry. What a treasure it is to find someone who is hungry for the Word and is motivated to study it. I try to invest in individuals as I am able and lead by God.

[The YouTube link seems to be working for me now. I was a bit concerned about it earlier. The video may not have finished processing. Please try again. If that doesn't work, try this link: http://accordancefiles2.com/podcasts/p104_thinkingcontextually.m4v]