#3 ESV Study Bible

Brance

I just got done watching the ESV Study Bible podcast (#3). Fantastic job! I own a hard copy of the ESVSB, but not the Accordance module. Now I want it.

By far, the best thing about the podcast was the lesson in setting up a custom workspace. That was awesome! Very helpful. I wish I'd known how to do that years ago.

I just got done watching the ESV Study Bible podcast (#3). Fantastic job! I own a hard copy of the ESVSB, but not the Accordance module. Now I want it.

By far, the best thing about the podcast was the lesson in setting up a custom workspace. That was awesome! Very helpful. I wish I'd known how to do that years ago.

Thanks so much, Brance!

I've not used a study Bible myself for many years, but have personally been very impressed with the ESVS. I even bought one for my son, who is in the Navy. It's just got a really nice balance of resources and some really impressive illustrations. I am particularly fond of the latter, as I teach large, adult Bible studies several times a year in my church. With Accordance, my MacBook Pro and a video projector, I am in business!

Glad you enjoyed the podcast, Brance. :)

Just an FYI, if you didn't already know

Really enjoyed this one! The workspace info was great. I ended with a nice workspace that will work out great!

Keep em coming!

Glad you enjoyed the podcast, Brance. :)

Just an FYI, if you didn't already know

Well, I wish I could be there, but I'm not. I am glad you guys are exhibiting there. I've been to a couple conferences in the last year where the Logos people were exhibiting and even putting on demonstrations during the event, and each time I've been wishing you guys were there instead.

I'm asking for the ESVSB module for Father's Day. I'd also like to add a Scholar's Collection to my Library Collection, so I'm saving money for that. I guess I need to prioritize!

Too bad we won't see you there. Conferences can vary, but we do try to exhibit at as many as is feasible. Feel free to pass the word along to any of your colleagues in the PCA that we will be there.

I think you'll enjoy the ESVSB for Accordance. Prioritizing is always the hardest part! ;)

• 1 month later...

I've been using Accordance for years and the podcasts have been a great help in expanding my skills. The one on the ESVS caused me to purchase the study Bible since I already the text itself. There were a couple of questions though raised by the podcast. One was how to link the different tabs in the workspace, but I found the command for that. The only, which I haven't been able to solve, is when I created the tab with the ESVS and added Hebrew and Greek texts, when the cursor was moved over the English text there was not a corresponding highlight on the other text as demonstrated on the podcast. What am I missing and how do I get this to work. Thanks again, and Lord bless.

I've been using Accordance for years and the podcasts have been a great help in expanding my skills. The one on the ESVS caused me to purchase the study Bible since I already the text itself. There were a couple of questions though raised by the podcast. One was how to link the different tabs in the workspace, but I found the command for that. The only, which I haven't been able to solve, is when I created the tab with the ESVS and added Hebrew and Greek texts, when the cursor was moved over the English text there was not a corresponding highlight on the other text as demonstrated on the podcast. What am I missing and how do I get this to work. Thanks again, and Lord bless.

In order for the key number highlighting to work you need a "tagged" Greek or Hebrew text. There are several Greek texts (GNT-T, GNT-TR, GNT-BYZ, etc.) and the main Hebrew text is the BHS-W4. Both are available as a separate unlock or in a Scholar's Bundle. If you have one of these and it is not working, check your preferences to make sure that option is checked:

post-5629-1250004765_thumb.png

Also, not every English word is tagged with a key number, make sure the English word you hovered over contains a key number.

If you have all these things correct, and it is still not highlighting, reply with the text(s) and reference you are working with and we will check for a potential error.

Hope this helps

Yes it helps. While I have Greek and Hebrew texts, they aren't the tagged ones, so when I have available resources, they'll have to be my next purchase. Thanks again. :rolleyes:

• 4 years later...

Since I bought Accordance in June 2014 (a month ago) I've been looking at the Podcasts through iTunes and this one II have watched several times to get details. [Perhaps the new ones could also have a PDF file that gave details to backup the action of the video?]

Anyway, I have a question about the general subject of Study Bible modules. Not all of them have the separage notes and crossrefs and maps and stuff. 1) Maybe the store could note those that have that stuff but not in separate tools or 2) a future podcast could address working around the issues, like a SB will open a map in a separate window when in use and then whether or not that separate window could be retained as part of the saved workspace file. Something like that would take us to the next level.

Yes it helps. While I have Greek and Hebrew texts, they aren't the tagged ones, so when I have available resources, they'll have to be my next purchase. Thanks again. :rolleyes:

Hi Geoff, if you have the Starter collection you will (or should) have the GNT TR with Strongs, and if you put this in parallel with a Strong's coded English bible (or a G/K coded one) the cross highlighting will work "as advertised". There are no Hebrew Bibles available in the Starter, though, but both our Masoretic texts are coded. (BHS-T and HMT-T).