Info Pane - Study Bibles & Commentaries

Paul Meiklejohn

I realise the request has been inferred in a number of other posts, but I thought I'd make it official.

It would be great if Study Bibles and Commentaries had separate divisions in the Info-Pane. For those of us who have very large libraries it would help us get to these resources without having to drill down too deeply.

I appreciate we can can mix and match our libraries but that throws out our lovely 'New Library Organisation' that comes with v.11. :-)

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn
  • Like 5

I appreciate we can can mix and match our libraries but that throws out our lovely 'New Library Organisation' that comes with v.11. :-)

+1. You shouldn't have to discard one of the new features in order to use one of the new features.

Edited by JonathanHuber

+1

+1

Edited by Randy Cue

Alistair, fair enough, the construct is essentially the same. However, I find that they both have very different uses. Commentaries tend give me lengthy and detailed information, while Study Bibles usually give me a quick description of each passage, verse or word (in one or two sentences). Additionally, they often have helpful charts and images. So depending on my research needs I will approach them very differently. I guess its for that reason that Accordance have chosen to separate them as well.

• Like 1

Alistair, fair enough, the construct is essentially the same. However, I find that they both have very different uses. Commentaries tend give me lengthy and detailed information, while Study Bibles usually give me a quick description of each passage, verse or word (in one or two sentences). Additionally, they often have helpful charts and images. So depending on my research needs I will approach them very differently. I guess its for that reason that Accordance have chosen to separate them as well.

I guess there are commentaries and commentaries; some have lengthy sections that deal with multiple verses of Scripture, others keep to a strict verse-by-verse analysis (e.g. Study Bibles). Only remember Study Bibles often have introductory material at the beginning of each book, as well as sidebars peppered throughout.

• 7 months later...

A separate study Bible category would be very helpful.