Hebrew & Greek Titles in User Tools

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

I discovered today that a Title in a User Tool cannot start with Greek or Hebrew Text (or Rosetta for that matter). If possible, I'd like to see that change in a future update.

I'm still like a kid in a candy store with Accordance, getting excited about the new uses I can uncover for it. I have a retired pastor colleague who periodically hands out Greek and Hebrew word studies at lectionary group. It occurred to me today that I could type them in to a user tool and have them available in Accordance. I started out trying to use the Greek and Hebrew words as titles, and discovered I had to begin each title with English in Geneva font.

I "fixed" the problem by starting the title with an English "transliteration" of the applicable word. But I find that awkward: I always prefer to work in the original alphabet when possible.

This is a minor point, and there may be very good programming reasons why it's not feasible, but I thought I'd mention it.

Blessings,

Lorinda

• 8 years later...

I just noticed this restriction still exists. It would be really good to remove it. But allied to this, and without which this is almost useless, is the ability to render the Greek and Hebrew in the Tool Browser (table of contents). I cannot recall now where that issue has been reported but I am sure I've seen it in the forums.

Thx

D

Yes--I didn't think Greek (or Hebrew?) could render properly anywhere in the tool browser, let alone at the beginning of the word. Agreed with Lorinda.