Font change in copy and paste - or drag and drop.

jdg

It seems that no matter what font I have selected in my tool or text preferences, when I paste to MS Word, the font changes to Geneva.

This has only been occuring since the last update to 9.5.3, and the installation of a couple of new modules.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Thanks, JD

Try pasting in Word using "Paste and Match Formatting" under the Edit menu, or simply use the keyboard shortcut command-option-shift-V.

That's really bizarre. Just to be certain we're on the same page, you copy in Accordance, switch back to Word, and click on the page just to make sure your insertion point is in the right place. Then choose "Paste and Match Formatting" from the edit menu. I can't see how that would result in pasting to search.

I thought you were talking about the Accordance 'Edit' menu - so that's what happened when I tried it.

Nevertheless, my Word 2008 doesn't have 'Paste and Match Formating' listed in the 'Edit' menu.

I've never had this issue before and I've been using Accordance for several years.

I wonder if there is somekind of 'bug' in the latest update?

Gotcha. I was looking at Word 2011.

However, if I remember correctly, when you paste in Word 2008, you should immediately see a little clipboard icon under the text you pasted. If you click on it, a menu will come up in which you can choose your paste to match text formatting,

Yes, it does but now I have to use it every time I paste something, and I never had to worry about it before...

I'm feeling a little daft... have I been missing something or was I previously just running on dumb luck?

I haven't changed any settings in either progream as far as I can remember...

My source (accordance) and the destination (Word) formatting are the same (both are set to Cambria), but every time I paste something, it pastes in Geneva and changes the font size 12.

There does seem to be something odd going on with fonts in 9.5.3 and Word 2008. Since the final update (didn't notice it with the betas) to 9.5.3 my references (set to Arial Bold) SOMETIMES (paste into Word as Cambria without the bold attribute). The text (set to Book Antiqua) copies correctly. If I change the references to, for example, Arial Narrow Bold font the problem persists. Changing the text font still results in the correct font pasted.

So far, I've tested fonts in both OpenType and TrueType formats. For reference, it is NOT system font corruption as I've reinstalled the fonts.

Ok, I'm happy to know that I haven't fouled something up. There must be a bug somewhere...

I've tried changing the fonts etc... in my texts and tools as well - to no avail...

I never had an issue until 9.5.3 either....

That being said, I feel positively spoiled rancid, that I'm not having to use a burnt stick or birds feathers to write my sermons and papers!!

From everything I've seen the Accordance folks are pretty positive in their response to these kinds of issues.

(I remember when dad 'fixed' the tv by smacking it on the side 'just so'...)

I'll wait until I 'hear' that they've got it sorted out...

Thanks guys for your help,

JD

I found my own solution to this issue.

All it took was to un-select or clear the box marked: "Export all characters with Unicode format", from the Accordance preferences / Hebrew & Greek options.

I got curious because it seemed to me that it might be a 'code' issue and that Unicode might be a possible culprit, so I poked around until happened upon this.

Viola! Now all text - including my Greek and Hebrew texts - maintain their source and destination fonts styles and sizes when I paste &copy or drag and drop to MS-Word.

Some of you smarter folks are probably smiling to yourselves right about now - but hey some of us have to take our victories where we can find them! ; )

I understand the solution, but it isn't perfect because we all need to be using Unicode fonts outside of Accordance so that the original text is compatible across platforms and programs, and not dependent on the presence of our fonts. In addition, PowerPoint in particular now requires pasting as Unicode and does not accept even English text without it.

We are looking into the issue of the esport of font info with the Unicode fonts.

Archived