AccuUpdater Questions

Charles Stock

This has occurred in previous versions, but having just downloaded the updated Accordance 7.4.2, I checked it again.

The updater regularly suggests updates that I can't find. For instance, for instance, it is recommended that I update GNT-T from 3.3 to 3.4. When I go to the download site, I see only 3.3 available. Likewise it is recommended that I update from BHS-W4 version 4.4.3 to 4.8.0. When I go to the update downloads, 4.8 does not appear. I have Scholar's 7.1. I can't find any newer versions there either. Maybe I'm overlooking some step.

Any advice?

post-349-1196772178_thumb.jpg

Just yesterday I uploaded the installers for the latest GNT-T, GNT-TR, BHS-W4, and LXX. These are now available on the Purchased Modules page, but I had failed to re-upload that page. Those modules are also downloadable by the AccUpdater, I am not sure why they are not showing up as checkboxes on your list.

However, other updates do require the purchase of new CD-ROMs. We encourage everyone with the Scholar's CD series to get the Scholar's 7.4. There are many major upgrades to modules, and they will not be posted for download. Some of your other upgrades may be harder to find as they were updated on other CD-ROMs such as the Zondervan series. The differences are not significant. To find out what is the latest CD-ROM that includes your module, follow the link from AccUpdater back to the page for that module, and then check the version number of Accordance on each CD that contains the module. Even I do not have ready access to more detailed information.

That worked. OK. I will order the Scholar's update.

Thanks again for your world class help. I don't know how you and the Accordance team do it. Your support has always been prompt and effective.

Archived