Flash Cards and a Specific Passage

Timothy Butler

Hello everyone,

I'm using FlashCord to try to get down all the inflected forms of Genesis 22. It is working quite well (I certainly thank the author for the free, great program), but there are a few short comings in the approach. First, since the program goes through in a linear, alpha-sort order (unless one gives up using inflected forms with parsings) one word can often give away the next word's meaning. Also, the waw on a Wayyiqtol/Waw Consecutive is removed and counted as a separate prefix, which makes quizzing myself on parsing hard!

Is there another program or method someone knows of to drill Hebrew vocab from a particular chapter that would get around this short comings?

Thanks,

Tim

Hello everyone,

I'm using FlashCord to try to get down all the inflected forms of Genesis 22. It is working quite well (I certainly thank the author for the free, great program), but there are a few short comings

Thanks for the thanks, Tim, and I'm certain there are more than a few shortcomings. :rolleyes: I haven't touched the program in years (and frankly still am surprised at the regular note I get from someone using the program). You'll notice I don't even advertise the thing anywhere.

Your suggestions are easy to implement, I just don't have time this Spring to get back into that code. I'm hoping this summer will bring new and improved flashcard integration with Accordance.

I know there are lots of great programs out there and I hope you find one you like. The only advantage FlashCord has is using on-the-fly analysis data from Accordance as the source file.

Thanks for the thanks, Tim, and I'm certain there are more than a few shortcomings. :rolleyes: I haven't touched the program in years (and frankly still am surprised at the regular note I get from someone using the program). You'll notice I don't even advertise the thing anywhere.

I did indeed notice -- I only found it digging back in the archives here awhile back. It is a really great idea you came up with, in any case. Despite the aforementioned issues, it's certainly helpful for the task at hand. I've been meaning to e-mail you for awhile to thank you for the program. As long as I have you here, once again, "thank you."

I'll certainly keep watching to see if you publish something new this summer!

Blessings,

Tim

Archived