Lion Mission Control: no Accordance App icon

SteveL

After a clean install of Lion, my Accordance icon in Mission Control is missing. Instead of the Accordance icon, a default icon approximating two sheets of paper and a pencil is presented.

Mine shows up okay - sorry I can't offer solution.

Does the icon stay the default icon after you run it a few times?

I can also confirm when I select Launchpad and get the iOS style application launcher, the Accordance icon has remained the same generic looking icon as what Steve has.

Mine works as expected.

I tried reinstalling Accordance, but this did not change the icon from a generic looking one to the Accordance icon.

I successfully repaired the Launch Pad Accordance icon by following this guide. Beware, though, it will undo any customization that you've added, such as arranging icons.

I successfully repaired the Launch Pad Accordance icon by following this guide. Beware, though, it will undo any customization that you've added, such as arranging icons.

Thanks for the tip Steve. Worked great.

I hope there can be a fix easier than this. I spent at least an hour getting my apps sorted.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a new MBP with Lion and doing fresh installs.

Interested to see if when I install Accordance it shows up on the MC screen. Other apps I've installed so far have all shown up.

Joe

I, too, have no custom icon for my Accordance app in Mission Control on the new MBP I installed on.

I, too, have no custom icon for my Accordance app in Mission Control on the new MBP I installed on.

Joe, if you killall Dock, does it restore the image? It seems that MIssion Control/Desktops have some issues with icns.

I'll try when I get back home. However, I have installed a dozen 3rd party apps w/o this issue.

If the only issue you have is the Accordance icon, instead of using a 3rd party management app, I'd suggest just removing the Accordance icon and readding it bring it back this time with icon intact.

1. Open Terminal app and paste this command to run:

sqlite3 ~/Library/Application\ Support/Dock/*.db "DELETE from apps WHERE title='Accordance';" && killall Dock

2. Drag the Accordance app from the Finder onto the Launchpad icon on the dock

The sqlite3 command removes the Accordance record from the SQL database where Launchpad stores its info. It then restarts the Dock app for the changes to take effect. This really is an Accordance bug. The fact that the icon is not there on install suggests something out-of-whack about their icn, its format or location or something.

I just installed Accordance 9.4.1 again after various recent install issues discussed elsewhere. It finally installed, using the link from the Accordance site, per a link Helen gave in one of the discussions.

However, I now have the generic icon too, on Macbook Pro running OS 10.6.8. In another discussion about this Helen offered the link to this one, saying this discussion offers a fix. I see several "fixes" here that either aren't to my OS, if I understand them correctly, or require a 3rd-party hack. I don't want that either.

This appears to be an Accordance bug, and I think I'll wait for a real fix unless someone has a better idea ; ) Thanks for keeping the issue up to date.

I just installed Accordance 9.4.1 again after various recent install issues discussed elsewhere. It finally installed, using the link from the Accordance site, per a link Helen gave in one of the discussions.

However, I now have the generic icon too, on Macbook Pro running OS 10.6.8. In another discussion about this Helen offered the link to this one, saying this discussion offers a fix. I see several "fixes" here that either aren't to my OS, if I understand them correctly, or require a 3rd-party hack. I don't want that either.

This appears to be an Accordance bug, and I think I'll wait for a real fix unless someone has a better idea ; ) Thanks for keeping the issue up to date.

Yes, this discussion is about the Accordance icon not showing up in Mission Control for Lion. We are currently looking in to fixing this problem. However, the Accordance icon is showing up properly in the Finder in Lion so the solutions offered in this discussion do not apply.

Typically, if you double click on Accordance then the icon should be updated. Are you able to run Accordance?

Mike

Yes, this discussion is about the Accordance icon not showing up in Mission Control for Lion. We are currently looking in to fixing this problem. However, the Accordance icon is showing up properly in the Finder in Lion so the solutions offered in this discussion do not apply.

Typically, if you double click on Accordance then the icon should be updated. Are you able to run Accordance?

Mike

Hi--

I've since rebooted my MacBook Pro w Leopard, and now the icon is there. And yes, even when it was the generic, I was able to boot and use Accordance. Thanks for the reply, it seems the updating icon issue was helped for me by some of your Lion suggestions.

• 1 month later...

I changed my Accordance icon to the one available on the Accordance Exchange ... and it works in Launchpad.

I have OS X 10.7.1 & Accordance 8.4.7

Archived