Strong's tagged text

wheel

I have 3 english ESV, NAS, KJV versions that when the cursor is over a word it highlights blue in the corresponding workd in BHS or NA27. I have noticed that a lot of times it is not lining up to the correct word. I know that it is not one for one and often there is no word or an extra word, but often it actually highlights the wrong word. Am I missing something or doing something wrong?

I have 3 english ESV, NAS, KJV versions that when the cursor is over a word it highlights blue in the corresponding workd in BHS or NA27. I have noticed that a lot of times it is not lining up to the correct word. I know that it is not one for one and often there is no word or an extra word, but often it actually highlights the wrong word. Am I missing something or doing something wrong?

I don't think you're not doing anything wrong. Each of the English texts you mentioned were tagged by a different group of people and some more extensive than others. In addition, the BHS and NA27 were tagged by different groups. Because of this there isn't always an exact correlation between the two texts. In certain cases, an original language word may not be translated in the English text and may occur several times in a verse. If there is not a 1:1 ratio on usage it will sometimes highlight the wrong form in either text. There are other similarly related anomalies in the cross-highlighting feature that you may notice. We've tried to improve on this over time, and hope to do more fine-tuning in the future.

If you feel that a word is tagged incorrectly, or a tag is missing, feel free to report it through the Report a Correction contextual (right-click) menu in Accordance.

Hope this helps to clarify…

Archived