preventing "overwrite" of previous tool searches??

pclafferty

very basic question (I suppose). I will select a scripture text and then consult a reference tool for insight into that text. Sometimes, though, I will start a new tab within that workspace, select another text and then consult a reference tool (sometimes the same reference tool from the first search, sometimes not). Unfortunately, the first reference tool search gets "overwritten" by the second reference tool search. Is there a setting i can toggle that will allow every reference tool search to show up in a new pane?

does my question make sense?

There is no default to turn off the "recycling" which applies whenever you open a window by "amplifying" from a selection in another window. However, it is easy to turn it off in any window: simply click the recycle symbol above the History pop-up menu, or select Window menu/Set/Recycle Contents, or press command-K.

Recycling is designed to avoid the clutter of opening a new window every time you look something up. We give you full control over this for each window. I do not think it would be a good idea to turn it off globally.

oh, this is wonderful...thank you! I confess I've always wanted to know what that green set of arrows referred to. Now I know. again, thanks!

Archived