NLTse 2007

R. Mansfield

Tyndale quietly updated the NLT yet again last year. They are still referring to it as the second edition, but newer copies of NLT Bibles that incorporate this text have an extra 2007 copyright date along with the previous 1996 and 2004.

So, I wonder if there are any plans to update the Accordance module to the 2007 text? Also, since I am always interested in examining the changes made to these kinds of updates, if the NLT-SE module is updated, how possible would it be to have it as a separate module as was done with the SE update to the original NLT module?

Tyndale quietly updated the NLT yet again last year. They are still referring to it as the second edition, but newer copies of NLT Bibles that incorporate this text have an extra 2007 copyright date along with the previous 1996 and 2004.

So, I wonder if there are any plans to update the Accordance module to the 2007 text? Also, since I am always interested in examining the changes made to these kinds of updates, if the NLT-SE module is updated, how possible would it be to have it as a separate module as was done with the SE update to the original NLT module?

I think this question would better be posed to Tnydale's editors. If anyone knows what the differences are, it surely must be them.

:)

I think this question would better be posed to Tnydale's editors. If anyone knows what the differences are, it surely must be them.

:)

Certainly. I was actually given a list of a sample of the changes from my contact at Tyndale and then the PTB at Tyndale issued a gag order which I am voluntarily complying with. Not having a full 2007 edition yet, I have no idea how extensive the changes are, although they do not seem to be near as significant as the 2004 changes were. Any changes I discover on my own I am free to publish.

What I want to eventually post on This Lamp is a complete list of changes between the two printings, similar to what I did with the 2007 ESV. Of course Crossway did not cooperate with that comparison, but Tyndale has promised they will (eventually). But now that I think about it, Crossway originally promised that as well.

That's why when it comes to comparing texts, it helps to have Accordance :-)

Archived