Highlight Palette is off-screen and is too large to adjust size. How do I reset?

Cameron

OK - did I get it all in my Topic title?

I setup a Highlight file, and created an initial highlight format, then selected Window->Highlight Palette.

The Palette shows up in the bottom right corner, but it is huge. I can move it around, but I don't have enough "real estate" on the screen to move to the point where I can access the bottom right corner, to adjust the window to a smaller size.

Where in the world or on my mac can I go to reset this booger so that it can be adjusted in size?

This is about the 3rd time Ive had this type of issue.

Proving once again how special I am.

Just call me Ed.

-Cam

I have never seen a problem like this with the Highlight palette. How many styles do you have on there? What kind of Mac and OS do you use?

VERY INTERESTING! I just got this same bug. Now I have to figure out what triggered it, but I was able to reset the enormous Highlight palette by removing the General file from user/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences. I had to register my name again, and go through the Setup Assistant, but I don't think too many preferences are lost.

OK: I can reproduce it, which means we can correct it and prevent it from bugging anyone else.

I have never seen a problem like this with the Highlight palette. How many styles do you have on there? What kind of Mac and OS do you use?

Helen,

two posts to the Forum and I can already see that you are THE BEST. you let your team know I said that ;-)

and...16 years of development & managing developers, and you think I'd start off with setting context. D'oh. Guess I turned it off when I got home ...

1. Still testing. 1 style, created in my own Highlight file.

2. New MacBook Pro 2,2, middle system. (Pretty darn hot). Runs solitaire like a charm....

3. Mac OS X. 10.4.8. Darwin 8.8.2

I'm having silly troubles trying to find user. is this my home location? Mine is called cameronbeeler/library/preferences or is this another mount point?

OK, I removed cameronbeeler/library/preferences/general

WOW-This looks exactly like the help file said it should look 8-D

Thank you for your assistance - look forward to getting your help again, soon!

Cam

I believe I have tracked down this bug, and it is due to running Accordance 7.0.3 after updating to version 7.1. Please be sure to remove old versions of Accordance. We are making some necessary changes to the Preferences files, and they are no longer backwards compatible.

I believe I have tracked down this bug, and it is due to running Accordance 7.0.3 after updating to version 7.1. Please be sure to remove old versions of Accordance. We are making some necessary changes to the Preferences files, and they are no longer backwards compatible.

I only see 1 version of accordance running. Where should I look for a different accordance version?

Originally, I did install and attempt to install everything, even items w/o a key. I thought I cleaned all accordance apps out, then re-installed.

Thanks,

Cam

Which version are you running? Check About Accordance in the Accordance menu. Look in the Accordance folder for any other copies, that's the only place they should be, but I have seen users with copies in Applications, on the Desktop, etc., etc.

On Windows if you move something to the desktop it automatically makes a shortcut (=alias on Mac), but on Mac if you do that it moves the actual file. Accordance needs to stay inside the folder.

Accordance About - 7.0.3

Am new to MAC and Accordance, so I could have done anything, but I just purchased this product....thought I followed the instructions.

Cam

Please download the update to version 7.1 from here. However, I think you have it somewhere, or you would not have got the bug.

Please download the update to version 7.1 from here. However, I think you have it somewhere, or you would not have got the bug.

OK, Now I cannot open Accordance. I get an unexpected close. Auto reopen doesn't get it there.

I've tried removing the preferences info (general). Reloaded.

Trashed the entire install and reloaded...again...Got back to 7.0.3. Got it working.

Used the accuUpdater widgett... Back to the starting point.

As a manager of Developers, it seems to me that if I'm having these issues, I'm not all alone. I guess I don't know why we'd want to allow these types of frustrations to continue.

Am I just being dense?

What is the easy way to upgrade / update from 7.0.3. If I use the installer, it appears to render it useless. Is there a file I need to clean out, or do I need to just stick with 7.0.3?

Dead in the water till I get your feedback.

I'll be reading my Hard-back NIV till then. :-{

I'll hold off on trashing my current dead install untill I have a better approach.

Thx,

Cam

Cameron:

These issues are better dealt with personally by phone. Please send me your number, sorry I was out of touch all weekend (very unusual).

Archived