Unable to install NIV11

Ed Heckman

I've been trying to install NIV 11 on my notebook via Easy Install. Unfortunately, every attempt I've made over the past 2 weeks has failed with the error message "Internet connection timed out".

My notebook is a PPC machine running Mac OS 10.4.11. When I first tried, I was running Accordance 9.3.3. I tried updating to 9.4.1, but that didn't resolve the issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ed, we are looking into this error to see if we can track it down. What Mac OS are you using?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I wonder if this got resolved? I've got a similar problem.

I run Accordance 9.4.1 on my laptop (Intel based, running Lion) and Easy Install & Update work just fine.

Reading that your license would allow me to install on my desktop Mac also, I installed 9.4.1 on my desktop Mac and then went to Easy Install. When I try this, I get an 'Internet connection timed out - process cancelled' message. This happens regardless of which item I try to download (one at a time) and it also happens if I try via Update rather than Easy Install.

I wondered re this posting being resolved as my desktop Mac is also PPC based - it's an old PowerMac, running 10.5.8.

Any ideas gratefully received,

Thanks,

Nick

If you look in user/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems, you may find the zip files there. If it only writes a 0KB file, that's a bug which is fixed in the upcoming 9.4.2. On Lion you need to press option as you access the Go menu in order to see the user/Library folder.

Hi Helen,

I found and deleted the 0KB file in that folder. Unfortunately, that did not resolve the problem. I'm still getting a timeout error. (Note: I had also tried it with the Maps Sampler, with the same result.)

We'll post an Open beta this week which should overcome this bug. Please let me know if you want to be added to the Open beta program, or wait for the release of 9.4.2 a few days later.

Archived