Greatness, Grace, and Glory (Carta Jerusalem)

Abram K-J

This title from Carta looks very interesting!

This volume represents a new and necessary genre in the field of biblical studies. Greatness Grace & Glory is perhaps best described as a volume on applied or practical biblical historical geography.

- It offers a readable and engaging presentation of biblical historical geography through the familiar grid of story.

- Greatness Grace & Glory provides an integrated historical-geographical context of the biblical story.

- The atlas presents the story of each of the great people of the Bible, focusing on the importance for place and cultural context in understanding the story.

- Numerous maps and pictures, with explanatory captions, are included for every chapter to let the reader visualize the grounded reality behind each person’s story.

Language: English
Hard Cover, 256 pages, 8½×11 in. (21.5×28 cm)
Featuring:

Maps
Illustrations

Bibliography
Index

Full Color

• 2 weeks later...

I've been looking now at a hard copy of Rose Publishing's Then and Now Bible Map Atlas, which I've learned from the folks at Carta is essentially a U.S.-licensed version of Greatness, Grace, and Glory, mentioned above (with a few adjustments). The font and layout inside looks just like other Carta resources.

It's a wonderful resource--organized by Bible character, but retaining all the features of any other Carta atlas, as far as I can tell.

N.B.: Then and Now Bible Map Atlas is an entirely different resource from Rose's Deluxe Then and Now Bible Maps, which is already in Accordance.

At any rate, it would be a nice complement to some of the already great-looking Rose and Carta resources in Accordance.