Searching Chapter

yetsirah

As with most things in Accordance, there are a couple different ways to do this. The easiest is to set up the following search string with Search for Words selected:

three <OR> third <AND> [RANGE Acts 10-11]

I hope this helps!

I think you need to nest this argument to be sure that it is properly handled by Accordance:

(three third) [RANGE Acts 10-11]

otherwise it will only apply the range to the second word.

I think you need to nest this argument to be sure that it is properly handled by Accordance:

(three <OR> third) <AND> [RANGE Acts 10-11]

otherwise it will only apply the range to the second word.

You can run the search either way and get the same results. It would change, though, if you set it up [RANGE Acts 10-11] <AND> three <OR> third. Then you would need the parentheses.

That makes it easy if you're just doing it a few times... but if you are spending days working in that same range, you can define a range and use that to restrict your search to that range.

How?

Word Search/More options

From the combo box that typically says [All Text] choose the "Define Range..." option and it will pop up a box and click new to define a new range like:

Name: Acts 10

Definition: Acts 10, 11

then click update.... then just select acts 10 from the list to restrict your word searches to that section only.

In classic Accordance form you can mix just about anything. Maybe the last chapter of Luke and the first chapter of Acts would have the definition:

Luke 24, Acts 1

Archived