Strange Search Request

Matt Fredenburg

Hi,

I came across 'Neh. 3:37' in Anchor (Forgiveness entry, page 833) and was wondering if the authors had intended a different verse 37 from some other chapter or book in the Bible. So here is the search help request: find all chapters in the Bible which have 37 or more verses within them. Is it possible?

Thanks,

Matt

I can get you the raw data but I can't write query in Acc to do the thresholding at 37.

Open ESVS (or whichever you like). Word search for *. Then hit the the analytics Table option. The customize the display to show the verse count totals, and the gear wheel menu to show chapter details.

That's the raw data and it seems ok in a couple of spot checks. Cut and paste to a file and write a perl script and away you go.

Best I know how to do.

HTH

D

I can get you the raw data but I can't write query in Acc to do the thresholding at 37.

Open ESVS (or whichever you like). Word search for *. Then hit the the analytics Table option. The customize the display to show the verse count totals, and the gear wheel menu to show chapter details.

That's the raw data and it seems ok in a couple of spot checks. Cut and paste to a file and write a perl script and away you go.

Best I know how to do.

HTH

D

Thanks Daniel. Very cool idea. It doesn't get me where I wanted to be, but it's pretty close! BTW, on your system, how long did it take for your word search to complete? Mine took 29 seconds and the interface froze.

Thanks,

Matt

Hey Matt,

I think I ran this on Mac.I just reran it there and it took a few seconds maybe.

I ran it on my PC just now and it took maybe 10-12. Noticeably longer sure but not 30 seconds.

It would be a nice stat if Acc provided search execution times.

Thx

D