Latest LSJ update (v2.0) thanx

Λύχνις Δαν

Hi ya,

I believe that this must be the edition that corrects the substantial missing sections in entries. I've checked a number of my reports on this problem and they are now corrected.

I notice a number of smaller corrections are not yet included so I'm guessing the primary focus of this update was fixing the above problem. Is that correct ?

thx

D

Someone from Accordance can answer better, but I've seen Accordance do corrections in batches like this before--I'm not sure why they wouldn't update everything they've received all at once, but in such a case, I was told I didn't need to re-submit the same corrections a second time.

• Like 1

Hi ya,

I believe that this must be the edition that corrects the substantial missing sections in entries. I've checked a number of my reports on this problem and they are now corrected.

I notice a number of smaller corrections are not yet included so I'm guessing the primary focus of this update was fixing the above problem. Is that correct ?

thx

D

In actuality we re-developed this from updated source files. By default this corrects the missing portions. We are also aware of miscellaneous OCR issues in the source text which we are going to work on correcting by comparison with the print edition.

So, if you notice other errors that this update did not address, then please go ahead and report them and we will address them in due time.

Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 1

Ok Rick thanx.

I have a couple I can submit, minor things like words that should have space between them and one where a word has a space in the middle of it. I'll got through them tonight if I have time. I have to word studies then anyway.

But many thanx for this. The ellisions before were really big in basic entries like ποιεω so it's huge to have this fixed. So please pass on my thanx to those involved in this rework. I use this lexicon almost daily.

Thx

D

Someone from Accordance can answer better, but I've seen Accordance do corrections in batches like this before--I'm not sure why they wouldn't update everything they've received all at once, but in such a case, I was told I didn't need to re-submit the same corrections a second time.

See my previous reply. If possible, it would be helpful if you could check previously reported issues to see if they have been addressed. If not, we can go back and do so as well, but I felt that because this update was going to address the most serious issues with missing text that any other minor errors could be corrected over time when reported.

Ok Rick thanx.

I have a couple I can submit, minor things like words that should have space between them and one where a word has a space in the middle of it. I'll got through them tonight if I have time. I have to word studies then anyway.

But many thanx for this. The ellisions before were really big in basic entries like ποιεω so it's huge to have this fixed. So please pass on my thanx to those involved in this rework. I use this lexicon almost daily.

Thx

D

Thanks, Daniel, especially for your (and others') patience while we sorted this out.

Btw, did you also notice that most all citations to classical works are now hyperlinked to the Perseus site for those texts? I thought this was a really helpful addition.

• Like 1

Btw, did you also notice that most all citations to classical works are now hyperlinked to the Perseus site for those texts? I thought this was a really helpful addition.

Ah actually I hadn't. This is cool. I'll have to play with it a bit.

Thx

D

Edited by Daniel Semler

Another thing that Rick failed to mention overlooked is that with the new source files we now have external hyperlinks to any item in Perseus' library that is not currently in the Accordance library.

[EDIT]: Rick beat me to it… ;)

Edited by Graham Buck
  • Like 1

Update: I just spoke with Julie, and we are going to sort through the previous error corrections and address items not related to the missing content. I was concerned that we might not have these readily available, but I underestimated Julie's organizational skills. :) So, you can hold off on reporting or verifying any previously reported errors, and we will address them on our end.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Ah ok - many thanx, though that rather ruins my first real test of reporting corrections from Windows since I fixed the issues there. Oh well :)

Update: I just spoke with Julie, and we are going to sort through the previous error corrections and address items not related to the missing content. I was concerned that we might not have these readily available, but I underestimated Julie's organizational skills. :) So, you can hold off on reporting or verifying any previously reported errors, and we will address them on our end.

Thanks!

Great.

Maybe Julie has InfoClick? At least, that's the only way I've been able to proficiently and effectively sort through Mac Mail....I know that's slightly off-topic, but I can't recommend it highly enough, if Mac Mail is your primary email client. Makes finding stuff so much easier, and it has a free 15-day demo.

not currently in the Accordance library.

I just got really excited. Could this mean… !!!

I wouldn't read too much into that there, Tony. Though, Rick Bennett has spoken of this here and updated here.

Edited by Graham Buck