Nothing to do with Accordance - Just Amusing

Steve King

There was a link to this on Tim Challies site and thought that some may find it amusing.

A parody on youtube - I am the Very Model of a Biblical Philologist

• Like 4

Absolutely hilarious!

Hi,

If I had been the external reader for his dissertation written in flowery Akkadian, which attempts to "prove the Philistines were almost certainly Canadian," I would certainly have failed it, and pointed out the following.

Gilgamesh played a hockey-like game with a pukku -

"He [Gilgamesh] had no rival, and at his pukku his weapons would rise up . . . " (Gilgamesh, SBV, Tablet I ii). This "refers to the game of pukku . . . variously interpreted as 'drum and drumstick,' 'hoop and driving-stick', and as a hockey-type of game . . ." (Dalley, Myths from Mesopotamia, 126, n.8).

Since hockey was invented in Canada, Canadians must have travelled some ancient south-east passage to Mesopotamia and brought the game with them. The Babylonians borrowed the CH on their uniforms (as seen on the present-day Montreal Canadiens uniform) that originally stood for Canadian Hockey, which became Chaldean Hockey in Babylon. Another legend has it that these ancient travelers were from the part of Canada called Acadia, and they also brought with them a new language and writing, which the Babylonians called Akkadian.

If the biblical philologist had known about Canadian history, he would have equated the Canadians with the Babylonians. This opens up new areas of research on the Canadian-Babylonian question, and cuneiform tablets found in Phoenicia that mention the Akkadians - that is, ancient Canadians who brought the Akkadian language, writing and hockey with them.

Regards,

Michel

Edited by Michel Gilbert
  • Like 5

• 2 years later...

Hi,

Following up on the Canadian-Babylonian question, I've just uncovered an ancient Canadian/Israelite connection, via Babylonia, in the Paleo-Hebrew alphabet, which seems to be based on the hockey-like game that Abram brought with him from Ur. There are logograms for a hockey stick, puck, face-off circle, net, the red light that goes on when a goal is scored, and the original CH - Canadian/Chaldean Hockey. I attached a screen shot for those who don't have the appropriate font:

post-32543-0-21079100-1493316285_thumb.png

Definitely worth further study, especially whether the remaining letters represent team uniform logos. In fact, the word logogram might come from "logo", i.e., team logos.

Regards,

Michel

• Like 3

:D