Even Bohan (Shem-Tov) Hebrew Matthew available? planned?

Daniel Wee

Is there a plan to include the Even Bohan's Hebrew text for the gospel of Matthew? Similarly, there are also some other Hebrew manuscripts for the gospel of Matthew. Any work underway to include these manuscripts and translations?

Daniel

• Like 1

Yes, I have typed into a Mellel doc the entire DuTillet Matthew (from photocopies of the Hebrew Ms. No. 132, currently held in the Biblioteque Nationale, Paris). I have done the same with the Even Bohan (from Howard's compilation, and I have corrected some errors I found in that transcription). I have just started typing in the Münster Matthew from scans I made myself, of a 1555 copy of the Quinquarboreus.

• Like 2

I was planning to do this myself and was hoping that it might already be available somewhere. I'm still kinda new to Accordance, having come from using BibleWorks primarily and am trying to see if there's prior work that can be shared. Tim, am I to understand that you have both the Hebrew (with diacritics?) and the Howard's translation as well? It'd be awesome if there was a way to get that. Thanks.

• Like 1

• 8 years later...

This is a very old thread, but I'm now interested to know if any Hebrew versions of Matthew have been digitized, and if anyone has any that they would be willing to share.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The link above is broken, maybe because the TorahResource web site was recently redone.

New link: Hebrew Matthew: DuTillet & Munster

Since these were typed in, I would guess that the PDF content is textual (able to search and copy & paste) rather than images. Then try the Accordance import feature with them.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I've got a transcription of the DuTillet up on my Google Drive. I've been proofreading it as my 2021 project, but it looks like I'm not quite going to finish before January. I keep the link up to date on my blog page:

https://shaunckennedy.wordpress.com/sources/

Edited by ShaunCKennedy
  • Like 1