BUG 10.3.1 - Security/Permissions Issue

Matt Fredenburg

I have installed Accordance 10.3.1 onto my family's laptop for use by our homeschooled children. Accordance was installed using an account that has normal privileges (i.e. non-administrator). When I logged in as an administrator and attempted to update Accordance, I received the following dialog:

post-30573-0-92587200-1383594230_thumb.png

In addition to there being a permissions issue, there's an additional problem of the instructions being mac-specific.

The laptop is running Windows 8 Pro.

Matt

Not sure this will help:

In order to correct the permissions on a PC, you will need to
type C:\ProgramData into the 'Run' line. The Run line is the search bar in the Start menu in Windows 7 and earlier.
In Windows 8 you will need to type 'Run' into the Search Apps feature to bring it up.

After you open Program Data, Look for the 'Accordance' folder. Right click on it and select Properties, then click the
Security tab. Select your user name from the top box and then click the Edit button. Here, you can give yourself Full
control of the Accordance folder. Remember to click on Apply.

Not sure this will help:

In order to correct the permissions on a PC, you will need to

type C:\ProgramData into the 'Run' line. The Run line is the search bar in the Start menu in Windows 7 and earlier.

In Windows 8 you will need to type 'Run' into the Search Apps feature to bring it up.

After you open Program Data, Look for the 'Accordance' folder. Right click on it and select Properties, then click the

Security tab. Select your user name from the top box and then click the Edit button. Here, you can give yourself Full

control of the Accordance folder. Remember to click on Apply.

Thanks Helen.

Matt