multiple search highlighting

Anthony Sepulveda

Hello,

I'm one of the endangered species that still use Gramcord in a Pocket PC. I would like to request for a feature that I like there: the default display has the Greek/Hebrew words in different colors: those in black are verbs, those in purple are nouns, and those in green are pronouns, articles, adverbs, etc.

Maybe something similar, but more flexible, can be implemented in Accordance: for example, I could tell the program to search for Greek verbs in second aorist and highlight them in the red, but also search for verbs in the perfect tense but highlight them in, say, blue. Well, something like that: seeing several searches in the same text used, where each is identifiable by color or other specified formatting. It can be done for modern language searches as well.

But I guess the problem could be when a word responds to more than one search (if they are complex ones), so I wouldn't know how to format that. Anyway, I'm sure there's a workaround (sticking to the first search condition met, for example...).

Cheers,

--anthony

You can do the one search and then highlight all your hits by shift-clicking on a highlight style of your choice. Then run the second search and use a different style.

We tried to create a highlight file containing such a set of tags but it proved too unwieldy. However, on the Exchange there are some files with predefined styles that you can use, though mostly they have not been applied to the words in a specific text.