Is There a Way to Undelete?

Enoch

I was trying to organize my commentaries and accidentally created a blank folder. Then when I tried to delete the blank folder, I accidentally deleted either a commentary or a folder of commentaries. Command Z did not restore it. How can I find out what I deleted and restore it?

Thanks

See the newsletter, version 11 will let you clean up all your reorganization.

If you deleted a folder you did not delete its contents, so they are just moved up one level.

If you really want to restore what you had you would have to quit Accordance and find a backup of your Tools settings, and restore it. It don't recommend it unless it's a very recent Time Machine backup. The settings are in user/Library/Preferences/Accordance preferences.

See the newsletter, version 11 will let you clean up all your reorganization.

If you deleted a folder you did not delete its contents, so they are just moved up one level.

If you really want to restore what you had you would have to quit Accordance and fins a backup of your Tools settings, and restore it. It don't recommend it unless it's a very recent Time Machine backup. The settings are in user/Library/Preferences/Accordance preferences.

Thanks for addressing my issue. Unfortunately, I don't understand the answer.

If I accidentally deleted a module, how do I restore it?

I don't understand what "Tools settings" has to do with this or what restoring "Tools settings" has to do with it.

Did you make a typo? I don't know what "fins" means above.

Are you saying that if I delete a module I purchased, and are not sure what module it was, my only remedy is to use Time Machine?

Finally I don't know what you mean by "The settings are in user/Library/Preferences/Accordance preferences."

I don't know what settings you refer to, nor what settings has to do with restoring a deleted module.

If one has the cursor on a module in the library & activates delete (mouse-right menu), what happens?

I thought my cursor was on the folder I wanted to delete, but it was on whatever was beside it, quote possibly a commentary module.

Now if I figure out which module was deleted, is there no way to download it again from Accordance? I don't see any module in my Trash.

I don't suppose that Accordance has an inventory program to check what one has purchased vs what is still in one's computer?

Edited by Enoch

Enoch, in the library, you are warned and asked what to do if you actually are removing a module. So, if there was no warning, it was a folder you can simply recreate. If the folder happened to have items in it, the aren't removed either, just deposited next to where the folder was.

If you did happen to delete a module even past the warning, your easiest option is to use Easy Install to reinstall it.

Enoch, in the library, you are warned and asked what to do if you actually are removing a module. So, if there was no warning, it was a folder you can simply recreate. If the folder happened to have items in it, the aren't removed either, just deposited next to where the folder was.

If you did happen to delete a module even past the warning, your easiest option is to use Easy Install to reinstall it.

Thanks for your answers.

I am not sure what happened. But it was in my upstairs computer. And it did finally dawn on me that I could easily check the particular major library file (Commentaries on Individual Books) against Accordance in my downstairs computer, which has he same modules in it. By comparing, I found that my Treasury of David (Spurgeon) was not where it belonged in my upstairs computer; but was now was in my NT Commentaries Folder. I am not sure if my error moved it somehow, but at any rate I was able to check the library files & put Spurgeon where he belonged.

So, tempest in a teapot & no damage done.