installing all my Accordance on a new machine without a DVD drive

pclafferty

with my present laptop having recently become a paper weight, I'm on the verge of purchasing a new machine

However most new Macbooks have no DVD drive.

I've been using Accordance since the late 90s and have purchased a great deal of add-ons ever since. Am I asking for trouble if I switch to a drive-less machine, in the sense of being unable to install all my Accordance resources?

does my question make sense?

Surely I'm not the first person to face this scenario

thanks in advance

Patrick

Patrick, most (all?) accordance resources are now available via easy install, over the internet, no DVD drive needed. The only exceptions I know about are items Accordance used to sell but no longer does, usually due to licensing issues. If you bought some of your modules from a third party, you will need to register them with the Accordance folks.

If you have enough Dropbox space or an external hard drive (and compress/select all the right files), you can transfer everything over to your new computer without a DVD drive or needing to re-install. I don't know how much Accordance officially supports such a method, since it could obviously be abused, but it's doable enough.

If you don't want to get an external, but have another Mac with a DVD drive it is possible to share it. Check the preferences.