Arcing

Brance

Any chance we could see an arcing feature that works similarly to the diagram tool? I like the way BibleArc.com works and would love to see something like integrated right into Accordance...

We added arcs to the diagrams fairly recently. Are you using 8.2.3?

Hi Helen

Could you explain how the feature is used? I did not find anything related to arcing in the help files.

But I find it a interesting feature as well.

Greetings

Sacha Zemp

I really know very little about diagramming systems. However, we added two arcs to the Accordance diagram palette, and we also added several preferences such as grid spacing (in Set Diagram Display) which make it easier to arrange the words from the selection in columns and then link them with the flexible arc symbols.

I see them now. Thanks Helen.

Doing arching in the diagram palette is not as easy as using a tool like http://www.biblearc.com/ but at least it's there.

I don't know what's involved in making an application like Accordance do the things they're doing in a web browser, but...

Biblearc.com puts the text in a table. you can click in between words to split the text into two lines. simply clicking on the right end of two lines draws an arc between them (no need to try and resize the arc the way you do in Accordance). And they've got all the abbreviations for the relationships in a palette so you can just drag and drop them. In Accordance I've got to remember them, and my memory sometimes fails. :-)

I'm grateful to have the feature in Accordance because it will allow me to do arcing if I'm somewhere where I can't access the internet. But at this point if I have access, I'll still be using Biblearc.com. it's just the more elegant solution at this point.

Sacha, go to http://www.biblearc.com/ and watch the tutorial videos. they will explain what arcing is and how to do it. In Accordance you'll have to drag the text around to arrange it the way you want. if you want horizontal lines between your lines of text, you'll have to drag a line from the palette on the left and then resize it. once you've done that once, just option-click and drag it to create of a copy of your resized line. the arcs (I didn't recognize them for that because they looked like parenthesis to me) are on the next to last row in the character palette of the diagram window. You'll only use the one on the right. drag it out and position it, resizing as needed. then drag a text block out and type the appropriate abbreviation and position it in the arc. the whole process is much easier at biblearc.com.

Archived