Print Settings option to print all text in Black

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

I have really enjoyed the ability to customize the text colors in panes in Accordance. I have, however, discovered one downside. When I print, I usually want to print in Black and White, because it's faster and cheaper. The Black and White setting available to me in the Native Print pane "translates" some of the colors I have chosen for texts as white, so they don't print. To print a pane, I have to temporarily change the pane display to black for those texts.

It would really be handy to have an option in the Print Settings dialog to "print all text as black." I'm hoping this is a possibility, since it is currently possible to specify a font size for printing that is different than the size used for display.

Thanks for listening!

Lorinda

• 8 months later...

After spending several minutes this afternoon setting up a special workspace with all the panes set to black text for printing, I discovered the "Remove text coloring" option in the Print Settings dialog.

Not sure if I missed it last August, or if it's an improvement you've snuck in since then that I missed, but in any event I was a happy camper. (If a bit amused that I found it only after shifting everything to black!)

Thanks much!

Lorinda

It was actually added not long after you requested it. I think it was documented somewhere, sorry you only found out about it now!

Archived