How to go to verse context from search results

whardy

I know this has got to be obvious, but I can't figure it out.

I perform a search and end up with 15 results, one of which is the one I want. How do I quickly go to that verse so that I can see the context? Do I have to re-enter that text in the search box to go to it? It seems this is so common that there has to be a way to do it easily. I just cannot figure it out. I've looked in Help, but must not be looking in the right place.

Thank you for help with something so simple.

whardy

p.s. I know that I can use the context to go to A, but then I have to "find" the verse all over again using the Mk command. If I have lots of results, that becomes cumbersome.

Edited by whardy

Hey Whardy,

The simplest way to get additional context is just to adjust the slider just below the search entry box. It will go from 0 verse context to all verses in the searched text. If you increase this a bit you'll see more context. It doesn't require reissuing the search. Look for Context Bar in the help.

Thx

D

You can also click in the verse of choice and type Command-5, or select Context from the Amplify menu or as a toolbar button option.

Joel's way is by far the easiest. You can also access the "show in context" in the contextual menu.

post-29509-0-80557800-1369691448_thumb.png

Edited by Ken Simpson

Command-5 is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much for such quick replies!